Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 13, 2010

A Little Witchy Thing....

I've mentioned before that usually, Halloween cards aren't in my comfort zone, I usually go all cute-ish. But, eegads, did this sweet little witchy win over my heart. I stamped her once to my oval diecut, and then stamped the hat separatley so that it could hang over the edge. It is also popped up one layer for added dimension.

See, I guess I don't dislike Halloween after all.... and get this, I used purple (shocker I know right....)


I was inspired by Jen's recent Sketch for you to Try, but in retrospect, I realize that I missed a panel. Oh my goodness, not so good with the details lately... but I had a blast mixing and matching these patterned papers, some are from the new Cosmo Cricket Halloween package, and then this fun black and white polka dot was in my "polka dotted paper" drawer.

Leigh and I recently had a conversation about paper storage, and admittedly I sort mine in a not-usual way. I have a bin that it dedicated to polka dots, houndstooth, ledger and ginghams. They're all my basics. Then I have things sorted out by color. I know, strange. But it is what works for me. I'll use it in a coordinated pack till I get bored with it, then I throw caution to the wind and mix all it all up.

You'll want to see all the previews being shared today. Your first stop of course, is to visit Alma! Jen, Carole and Jackie all have previews today too, and I can't wait to see what they've put together today.

And, most importantly, don't forget that TONIGHT is the Release Party for The Cat's Pajamas being held over at Splitcoast Stampers. You'll find the party thread HERE- be sure to join us for prizes, games, previews and chatter with TCP designers, friends and fans! Can't wait!

14 Comments    Post a Comment:

Kathi said...

Fabulous coloring and fabulous card. That stamp is soooo cute!

Megan said...

Darling card--I knew straight away that it was for SFYTT!

I've struggled with paper storage and JUST made a group of papers called "accents" with all the polka dot, stripes, etc. I'm afraid to do color coded for the rest, so I organized by manufacturer. Now I'm wondering if color was the best way.

Katie Skiff said...

Super cute! I think you did great with this image. Hoping to party tonight!

Cheryl B. said...

I'd never know you weren't into halloween cards. This one is a real cutie

Lisa H. said...

okay, trying this again! love how cute she is. the purples and blacks and polka dots and plaids all look fabulous! yeah, well, your paper sorting method may be unusual, but I don't even have one! no real organization going on in my craft room. It's all stacked together! lol! for some reason, I know what is where, though, so I guess it works for me.

Jessi Fogan said...

adorable!!!
And I love your paper storage - I used to go by colour, now by collection (and there's a drawer for K&Co, one for Basic Grey, etc). Still pretty chaotic, though :)

Tracy said...

Oh my heck!!! Could she BE any cuter? LOVE IT!!!!

Anonymous said...

She is cute. Love the color combo.
snw

Linda Nicholson said...

This is absolutely darling! I love the purple patterned paper and your coloring of the little witch! Love how her hat extends beyond the mat!

Linda

Makalah said...

Super cute! Great mix of dp for this!

Rose said...

Love your witchy pooh and the polka dot papers! So sweet.

Bev Gerard said...

Okay ... this is at the top of the "Too Cute" Charts! Darling paper combos .. love the way you've brought it all together!

~bev

Cindy Major said...

Who would have thought an Halloween card could look sweet?! Love the soft look :)

Beth Rang said...

I love your little witch card! Which company is she from? I really liked your idea of having the hat stamped so it goes over the edge -- catchy!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover