Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 12, 2010

TCP - That Crazy Winter Bunny

Happy Sunday everyone! I'm so excited to be able to share TWO samples with you today for the upcoming release from The Cat's Pajamas. I've been a stamping FOOL lately between preparing samples for TWELVE yes TWELVE new stamp sets for TCP, and instructing at my two local stamp (and scrapbooking) stores.

Today I'm sharing two samples with our new friend the bunny - Hm. That guy needs a name... - and all of us here in the Basile Family are skiiers. In our house, the saying is "If you're not turning, you're not learning." But, I think Alma has it right. Check out this sentiment....

"If you're not crashing, you're not skiing" I totally love it. I laughed my head off when I saw it, because seriously each time I ski I have one of those moments when I know I'm totally going to eat it. Usually when I'm trying to keep up with my eight year old. He's an amazing skiier, and well, honestly, I'm pretty terrible.

Along the winter sports theme, Mr Bunny is also doing a little ice fishing - for frozen carrots perhaps? *giggle* Wishing now that I'd stamped in a few beer bottles for him or something, because ice fishing, wow, that's a hobby that just makes me scratch my head. Brr. "Just chillin'" I think is seriously an understatement.
I added in some snowflakes with TCP Glitzy, and added a warm layer to his coat with Liquid Applique. I created the illusion of some ice with a layer of Diamond Glaze (but not too sure you can see it here in the picture... its glossy and ice-ish in real life. I promise...)

For this little set, I pulled out the watercolor papers, aquapainter and reinkers and got to work. I seriously love doing that, I grabbed all my supplies and painted a while while my hubby and I caught up on all the TiVO that had collected while he was on his business trip to Japan. The next day, once everything was dried up, I cut my Nesties, and had lots of fun with the sewing machine. If you're interested in a little tutorial on watercoloring, I've got a video one to share in my sidebar over there ---->

You'll see this sentiment treatment on a few of my cards lately, I'm sort of obsessed. Ledger paper, flag ends, stitched in place. Its a thing.

Now, be SURE you don't miss any of today's previews. Swing on over to Alma's blog and you'll find other samples of today from Susan, Tracy and Sony!

20 Comments    Post a Comment:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, that is THE cutest! Love your coloring and those pretty papers. The curvy stitching is the perfect touch too.

Chris said...

well it's been ages since I've had a chance to visit and I have to go back to see what other wonderful stuff you have done. These bunnies are just too cute! Love,love, love them.

Jessi Fogan said...

that sentiment is so me...that's definitely how I roll when skiing - pun intended. (sigh)
Loving all this bunny goodness!!

Cheryl B. said...

Love that bunny. And, yes, we can see the icy effect on the ice fishing card. I don't understand fishing, but ice fishing really makes me scratch my head!

Kathi said...

Those wintry bunnies are so darned cute and you make such fabulous cards with them.

Jodylynn said...

Wow, so cute! I especially love the ice fishing bunny-adorable!

Jody Morrow said...

Those are both super cute! Love them! What patterned paper is that, Jo?

Elise said...

That little ice fishing bunny is my favorite 0 so very cute!!

Nina T.T. said...

Both of your cards are so adorable! I totally love the Glossy Accents on the ice fishing card! :)

Makalah said...

Love the glitter-fluff!

The skiing sentiment would be perfect for me I feel. Super cute!

Becky Carafa said...

These are just adorable!

JessicaK said...

Awesome! LOVE that crash/ski sentiment. I definitely see a good use for that one ahead of my ski trip :). Great cards, and thanks for sharing all these peeks with us.

Bren said...

those cards are really really cute!!

Lisa H. said...

oooo, oooo, and an ahhhhh! great cards. love thoe flags, papers, and stitching!

Meahni Pieterse said...

These are so cute, love the little images!

Anonymous said...

love these bunnies

snw

Linda Nicholson said...

Your coloring on both of these is PERFECTION! Makes me happy just looking at them.

Linda

Rose said...

Oh my gosh, that skiing bunny is a hoot and love that fishing bunny too. They are so danged cute!

Cindy Major said...

I am really loving this bunny with his snow gear!

Jessie/knightrone said...

These are just TOO CUTE!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover