Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 24, 2010

A Happy Birthday - Sweet Sunday Sample

Good morning! This week, I used the (awesome) Sweet Sunday sketch that Karen had given us to put together a special little something for my niece who is turning two today!

And what paper and stamps go better for a little birthday card for that cutie than My Mind's Eye Animal Crackers and Pure Innocence stamps? I reached for Pure Innocence: Something Special Just for You and customized the card by adding Bling 'Bers (sorry currently out of stock....). I've used some black, white and bright for my colors, I love the contrast with that POP of black against the pinks.

I've finished the card off inside and out with a little technique that Michele and Jody use that I just love... the image was stamped softly on the inside, almost like a watermark, and I've added one of the coordinating sentiments to the inside. This is a great way to add in more of the patterned paper from your stash, and I'll admit it, my messy handwriting always fouls up the insides of my cards. So, now its nice and neat!

Now the fun part, be sure to hop around to visit all the girls on the Sweet Sunday Team to see how they've interpreted this week's sketch. And, of course, be sure to add YOUR sample to Karen's inLinkz so we can see where this sketch takes you!

16 Comments    Post a Comment:

Libby Hickson said...

Awww so cute!

Michele Boyer said...

Super sweet, Joanne, inside and out! I love the paper-piecing and bling!

Dawn Easton said...

Adorable, Joanne!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Absolutely adorable. I LOVE looking at your card.. they ALWAYS make me smile.

xx Sarah

Cre8tiveVet said...

I love your card. This is going to make the birthday girl smile!

Chris said...

Sa-Weet!

Vicki Burdick said...

Super sweet!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Adorable! Love the pleated paper "ribbon" and the "2" is perfect for a little girl! Fabulous card!

Jessica Diedrich said...

SHe is TOO sweet! What a fab take on this awesome sketch! I miss you, you cute little thing! Hope you are doing well and sending you big hugs!

Jodi Collins said...

I flippin' ADORE this Joanne!!

Lynn Put said...

Oh my goodness this is adorable!!! I love all the paper piecing and the fun blingy #2!

Karen Motz said...

Get out with the cuteness!!! This is a perfect 2 year old card!!!!

Karen Giron said...

Love this!! What a darling card and I love the little 2 with the sentiment - too cute!

Jody Morrow said...

I ADORE this card. I wish I was turning 2. LOL

Tasha said...

Ahhh this is so adorable! I love the gorgeous colours and how you have decorated the 2
love tasha xx

Dana White said...

This is so stinking cute! LOVE how you decorated the inside of the card

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover