Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 13, 2010

Masculine Cards - Wednesday Stamp Club

This week's Wednesday Stamp Club challenge from My Favorite Things is one that might take you right out of your comfort zone, but it is surely a card that we need to make from time to time.

This week It's All About the Boys! - Play along with us by creating masculine or boy themed projects.

Important note: To simplify things, we're streamlining the entry process for ALL Wednesday Stamp Club challenges moving forward. To enter, be sure to add your project to the SCS galleries using the keyword MFTWSC10132010

My sample this week is a card that I'd recently made for my dad. He's a big reader - via Kindle, so I can't go to the store and pick him up a new book anymore. So instead, I made him a reading themed card using Clearly Sentimental About Books, and tucked a amazon.com gift card in there so he could load up that Kindle.

I'm sure you've noticed, but I'm a wee bit obsessed with the Open Scallop Die-namic. I used lots of chocolate accents to pull this card together, and yes, I'm using a bow on a masculine project, but my Dad wasn't worried, he was busy counting layers (....my family likes to count up how many layers I add to a project, and then pass it around commenting on how HEAVY they are. makes me laugh every time....)

Now your project this week doesn't have to be masculine per se, it could be for a little boy. Be sure to stop by Kim's blog at 11 am for links to all the designers participating today. I can't wait to see YOUR project in the galleries! Remember, one lucky participant wins $15 to the MFT Store each week! Get stamping!


12 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jessie/knightrone said...

Very pretty Joanne!! My family does the same thing, lol!!

Carolyn King said...

who cares how heavy it is when it looks like this. GREAT card and love how you used it as a gc holder!

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this Joanne!! GORGEOUS masculine papers and colors!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Beautiful AND masculine, Joanne! You know I'm of the opinion that ribbon has no gender... :) This is a knockout, and your Dad will love it. BTW, you've still never responded to my email re: a good time to call. I'm going to take that as a sign that you're a busy bee. Let me know when you get a sec, though. Hugs!

Lisa H. said...

it is sooo yummy and masculine. love it! and LOVE that open scallop die, too!

Sarah Gough said...

Boys get bows on my cards sometimes too! lol Hard to shake that ribbon addiction. Putting the open scallop on my "must buy" list - why did I resist so long?!

arlene said...

Fantastic card, guy cards are so hard. Haven't commented in awhile I must get better at that.

Gretchen said...

What a great masculine card! I think bows work for any age or gender :)

g said...

gorgeous card- such great masculine colors & papers-i love the bow too! awesome gift card holder/card-love it!!

Anonymous said...

This rocks girlfriend! I love that there isn't an image actually, very manly!

Chris said...

Joanne, I think obsessive is your middle name, but it works so well for you.

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous card. Very beautiful, yet masculine. :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover