Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 17, 2010

Sunday, you're so sweet.....

Its another Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge, and it was a great excuse to stamp up a hopelessly delayed Thank You note to a dear friend.


My design is pretty clean, with just a simple "thank ou" on the main panel, and of course, a whole lot of sewing.... but that little scalloped piece threw me. I reached for a little bit of vintage trim and for my three circular elements I strung three buttons together, and for a twist, I left the thread between them, and adhered them as a chain of buttons, instead of three individually set buttons.


I'm using Inside and Out: Thank You from Paper Trey Ink. I really needed a great all purpose Thank You set, and I think this back to basics type set will be perfect. I was able to finish off this card with a beautiful coordinating sentiment on the inside.

Be sure to stop by all of the girls on the Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge team to see what they've put together. You'll find the original sketch from Karen Giron on her amazing blog The Sweetest Thing

then be sure to hop around to visit all the girls - I just love seeing the twist everyone puts on the sketch each week - fun!!

13 Comments    Post a Comment:

Krista said...

Awesome card !!!

Chris said...

even when you go simple they're outrageous. you have such a gift!

Pam Speidel said...

Beautiful! Love the little piece of lace trim for the scallop! And the inside is a perfect as the front! Love it! ♥

Karen Motz said...

I love the string of buttons...very original!!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Wonderful card, Joanne! Beautiful inside and out!

Vicki Burdick said...

Very cute Joanne! Love the buttons and lace trim! The sewing is awesome too!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is beautiful Joanne! I love the strip of crocheted ribbon along the side. Wonderful card!

Jessie/knightrone said...

So pretty Joanne!!

Megan said...

I love your style!! No one else makes things like you do--and this one is no exception! So pretty. :)

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

LOVE this!!! Clean, simple and FABULOUS.

xx Sarah

Carolina said...

What a sweet card Joanne! Love what you did with the sketch!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so pretty Joanne! I simply love that red printed paper! :D

Jody Morrow said...

That is REALLY pretty. I love how you strung the buttons.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover