Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 19, 2010

Who's a Teacher's Pet?

Hope you're having a blast hopping along through all of the Design Team creations for this month's My Favorite Things VIP Kit: Teacher's Pet. You should have come here by way of Jessie - she is a sweet as she is talented! If you're just joining in, then please be sure to start over at Kim's blog because you've already missed more than half of it! *giggle*

Knowing that this stamp set was coming up, I picked up this school themed paper pack from Crate Paper, but lucky YOU, if you purchase this month's VIP kit, it is included! Its fabulous paper, with alpha and number themed papers, and one with school buses. Fab-u-lous!


I've been volunteering quite a bit in the school this year, I'm on photocopy duty for the second grade teacher every Wednesday morning. So, you see, this woman with the stack of papers, might be me. Oh wait, I'm usually dislodging paper jams.....


I of course paired it with some of my favorites... Hot Fudge and Fossil cardstocks, Chocolate Gingham ribbon and lots of stitching!

While I was at it, I finished off the inside with a coordinating piece of patterned paper and this sweet "Thank You" which is one of the sentiments included in the set.


Now that I'm a Substitute Teacher, I have NO idea how these amazing teachers do such an outstanding job day in and day out. Its hard work!! When I leave after a day of subbing, I want to go home for a nap.

Your next stop on tonight's Hop is JULIE! I'm sure she's got something completely spectacular to share with us this evening, so hang on, I'll follow you there!

21 Comments    Post a Comment:

Sherrie said...

Modern but Classic all the same! Love it Joanne!

Jody Morrow said...

Very cute card. I love the layout and all the fun little touches.

Eva said...

Joann, this is soooo beautiful...I love all the layering on this card!

StampOwl said...

love this Joanna

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS!!

Kelli Hull said...

WAAAAAAY Back in the day I got to play with the DITTO machine a big drum that you cranked with a handle around and around and around... I LOOOOOVED the smell of that ink!!!! LOL

Great Card and THANK YOU for being a Teacher, substitute or not... subs ALWAYS get the tiring days... you know, mess with their heads kinda days!!!! LOL

Bonnie Lynn said...

You got me giggling at the copy jam comment. That's my job at work. :) Just love your project Joanne.

Christy said...

this is just fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

Melody said...

Very cute! Love all the little details!

Erin Smetak said...

Love it Joanne! Totally yumilicious! I have to have the VIP kit JUST so I can get that awesome paper!

Nancy Thomas said...

I like the "school" theme touches you've added here and the houndstooth sweater. A gorgeous card.

Lisa H. said...

well, lucky for us you HAVE these papers cuz this looks fabulous. love it-it's so you!

Christina Fischer said...

Love, love, love this card! :)

Shaz said...

Love your card.... fabulous colors!

Jana Weaver said...

Adorable Jo...especially love the paper piecing!! :-)

Kirsty said...

Beautiful!

arlene said...

Gorgeous as always. Love your paper.

Kathy Martin said...

A very cool card and design! :)

Billie A said...

Great card, love the colors and the details. Very nice

CraftyMomOf3 said...

LOVE THIS JO!!! sooooooooooo pretty!!! just awesome and as always...super inspiring!!

xoxoxoxo

Barbara said...

Adorable, Joanne! Love all the little details!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover