Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 12, 2010

that thing called balance.....

Hi everyone, I have a Sweet Sunday card to share with you today as well as a sad announcement.

Of late, I've had a particularly hard time with that little thing called balance.... too much on the to do list, running around like a maniac and not sleeping as much (or as well) as I should. We'll shortly enter ski season, and I'm thrilled that both boys will be up on skiis this year and we have a few trips already planned. You can see how this *might* cut into my available stamping and blogging time - after skiing I usually totally crash - though somehow the kids never seem tired after a day on the mountain... what's up with THAT??

And, obviously I have to say yes to the family commitments and put my little hobby on the back burner just a little from time to time.....

So, sadly, this will be my last Sunday on the Sweet Sunday Sketch team. I'm looking forward to joining all of YOU on this side of the party, enjoying their beautiful creations, and looking for some time in the week to play along from time to time. I'm just trying to reduce my regular "commitments" so to speak.

So here, for the last time in any "official" capacity, is my Sweet Sunday Stampers sample of the week....

Karen's original sketch:



and my very Clean and Simple sample for the week..... (gosh, why don't I do clean and simple more often?)

Please head on over to Karen's blog to leave some love on her creation - they're always spectacular, and then join me in hopping around to see all the girls on the Sweet Sunday Sketch team.

Now, be sure to visit Karen at The Sweetest Thing to see what she's whipped up for this week's sketch, and you'll find samples by all of my sweet, and oh so very talented friends on the Sweet Sunday Sketch team:

13 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jen Tapler said...

GORGEOUS card Joanne! So sad to see you go, but completely understand the need for balance! Be sure to keep in touch - you'll definitely be hearing from me regularly on your blog!

Chris said...

I'll miss your sunday card. Have fun skiing, it's much better to crash after you ski than while you ski!

Karen Motz said...

This is gorgeous Joanne!!! What a stunner for your last official Sweet Sunday sketch!!! We'll miss your fab creations on Sundays but I know I'll still see plenty of stampy things on your blog. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't I know about that!!! I had to quit two teams too this past couple of weeks, and you make way more than I do! But hey, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do! Especially when it means health and family!!! The card rocks by the way!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Your card is beautiful Jo!!

Christina Fischer said...

Gorgeous card! I totally understand the need for balance -- if you figure it out, let me know, okay? Hugs! :)

Kathy Camasso said...

First things first Joanne! Those boys won't be little forever so enjoy your family times, no apologies needed. Have fun on the slopes! Thanks for sharing this lovely card; I'm looking for clean and simple for Christmas this year!

Leslie said...

As always...bBeautiful! I'll miss your Sunday cards but family always comes first - even before stamping :) I will continue to oooh and ahhh at your creations!

Leslie said...

Oops, apologies for the typo in my comment :) It's "Beautiful", not bBeautiful!

Vicki Burdick said...

Amazing card Joanne!!! Love it! We will certainly miss your fabulous creations on Sundays but family comes first!

Lynn Put said...

So sad to see you go Joanne but completely understand that family comes first.
What a classy looking card for the challenge! I really like the designer papers and colors you used!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

So elegant and beautiful! Kudo's to you for setting your family as your priority. It's sad to see you go, but completely understandable! Have fun skiing!

Karen Giron said...

So gorgeous and elegant and wonderful! I'm so sad to see you go, but those boys will love more mommy time I'm sure. I know we'll still see you lurking around though, ha!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover