Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 1, 2010

Who's That Girl: From the Bottom of my Heart

Today is the LAST day of teasers for My Favorite Things, because the new release is TONIGHT! Sweet!

You've already had a quick look at this set From the Bottom of my Heart a few weeks ago when we shared it as part of our VIP Kit in November. But now, it will be available this evening as an individual stamp set. As I often do, I've paper pieced her but this time, I popped up her hands and the heart just a bit for added dimension. When you do this, it is important to color the base layer (in this case the base layer hands, and the base layer heart) or else you will have visible white space on your project.

As you might have noticed the last few days, I'm having lots of fun with this little circle element, sometimes a star, sometimes a heart, today a button trio. I'm finding it is a nice anchor point for a sentiment flag. Its a new thing, hope I haven't tired you of it already!

Mixy matchy on the papers again today, I've got some light blue heart from last year's Pink Paislee valentine collection, some October Afternoon Scrap and I have no idea where this fun houndstooth is, I have it in a mixed drawer of "basics" that I dig into - text prints, polka dots, fun graphic patterns like this houndstooth. When a paper like that gets mostly used up, the bits go into my "basics" box and show up in little bits and pieces on a card like this. In my opinion, those little bits are too good to discard just because they're small.....

You'll see a Polka Dot Greetings Die-namic tab sticking off the top, I used this treatment a few weeks ago, and rather liked it. :-) Another crystal swirl was calling my name for the blue heart panel, but heaven help me if I could find the second package of bling anywhere on my desk....

I finished off the inside of this as well with a Die-namics Hearts a Plenty felt heart, and one of the longer sentiments that I couldn't squeeze onto the cardfront. Besides, it was a good way to use up the scraps, and to complete my project both inside and out.

Thanks SO much for all your sweet comments all week. I do hope that you'll stop by the party and pick up a little something for Santa to tuck into your Christmas stocking. I sure do love Santa but he never seems to get the memo about stamps... so I often leave some goodies for him to include along with the things that he chooses for me like ski socks, or a garlic mincer.... men.

Join us beginning at 8pm EST ----> HERE <---- on the Splitcoast Member Company Forum and then we'll see you for tonight's SHOP HOP kicking off at 10pm as the new goodies arrive in the store!

12 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful Joanne!!! LOVE that hounds tooth print for her dress!!

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautiful - I love how your popped up the hands and heart.

Christina Fischer said...

How fun is this? Love the colors!

Nicole said...

This looks awesome. Love the blue, and that houndstooth!

Jodi Collins said...

Gorgeous Joanne! LOVE all the houndstooth!!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Fantastic!!

Erin Smetak said...

I love it! Those anchors are great! And that paper is awesome!

StampOwl said...

beautiful card Joanne

Alexis said...

I love the card! I love all the embellishments and your great paper selection.

Kirsty said...

Love all these papers and the blue in with the red & black. Beautiful!

Jessie/knightrone said...

It is fabulous Joanne...love the mix of papers, and your embellishments!!

Sonja "Sony" Christoph said...

awww this is supercute Joanne!!! LOVE those papers!!!! But then you always chose the best papers :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover