Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 10, 2011

My Favorite Things Design Team Creative Challenge

Arlene and Eva had an idea for this month's MFT Design Team Creative Challenge, and I'll admit, this one scared the pants off of me.  They challenged us to show off some monchromatic coloring on our projects.  Now, I've seen this look in blog-land before and loved it... but I've never been brave enough to give it a go.

I reached for an assortment of black and ivory papers, and all the W Copic Markers I have.  I used W00 for her skin, W1 and W2 for her hair and W5, W2 and W1 for her clothes.  The stamp set is Being Cute is What I Do. (seems you all like her too because she's out of stock at the moment..)


I love the font treatment in the Well Worn Greetings stamp set and there are SO many fun sentiments in that set to choose from.  I have a feeling this is going to be a "go to" set for me.

You'll probably recognize I used the newest SFYTT from Jen again.  I was a little freaked by the only coloring with GREY so I figured a little head start in the layout department would help me out! 

Is this my favorite card I've ever made? Well, not quite exactly, but I didn't skip the challenge (which I very nearly did..)  Be sure to visit the MFT Blog today for a full list of designers participating in this crazy challenge.

19 Comments    Post a Comment:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so fabulous, love the W's you used with her and the great card design. What a fun challenge.

StampOwl said...

so sweet Joanne

Inge Groot said...

Oh wow Joanne, such a great lay out and your coloring is fab:-D

Arlene said...

I'm so glad you didn't skip the challenge Joanne because your card and coloring came out AMAZING!!! love, love, love this. ♡

Lisa H. said...

sooo glad you made it! this is darling.

Tinkerbeth said...

Fantastic!! Your coloring is excellent, and the colors you paired with your image are gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

If this is what you can do scared, OMG, what amazing thing do you come up with when you are confident with a challenge!!! You rock girl!

Megan said...

Joanne, this is so cute! I love the sweet coloring and the little pops of color! Perfect. :)

Rachel G said...

Cute layout! Great coloring! Now I know what scares all you fabulous stampers....mono *hehe* I love the sentiment.

Jodi Collins said...

SO gorgeous Joanne! LOVE that sentiment with her too!

Tracy said...

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this Joanne!!! The little pop of blue patterned paper is perfect!!

Kristie W. said...

Kudos to you for trying something new! You did a fantastic job coloring the image!! I love the papers you used too :) Have a great day!

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful!! Love all the mono coloring-looks fabulous!!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

I'm in LOVE!!! So beautiful Jo...and you were worried??? C'mon!! Stunning!!

xoxo

Kim said...

This is so amazing Jo!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous Joanne!

Michele Boyer said...

Absolutely adorable! I love that sentiment tag and your papers!

Leslie said...

ABSOLUTLEY love, love, love this one! Superb job!

Jody Morrow said...

This is SO pretty! I love it.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover