Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 9, 2011

Skating by with an SFYTT

Good morning girlies, and I hope the Moms out there had a great day! Coffee and TiVO in bed, and a little crafty time in the afternoon.  A dinner I have neither to cook, nor clean up after. That's MY kinda day.
 
I think this little skater girl in Roll With It is SO cute, I couldn't wait to play with her again.  Jen's May SFYTT was calling my name, as was this ca-ute paper from Echo Park called Playground.  My girl isn't too girlie, she's sporty, except of course for her cutie pink helmet.  I've used "selective" stitching on this project, switching up the type of stitch used on alternating panels, and stitching only the corners on some panels.   


Here's Jen's original sketch - are you playing along?  Remember there's only ONE sketch each month, so be sure to knock that off your TO do list.  Check!  I'll admit that tiny panel worried me, but as it turns out, I loved it.  Funny how the one element you think will be the hardest is sometimes the thing you love the best about a project in the end?



Keeping the chitter chatter short today....  figure you girls listen to me babble often enough.


After a whirlwind two weeks, I'm looking forward to NOT hostessing a party next weekend. *giggle* though I do have some treats to bake for my little guys party at "Meet The Authors." (By the way, this is my favorite event of the WHOLE YEAR.)  How is the year already starting to wrap up?  It has FLOWN by.

Have a great day everyone. Be sure to carve yourself out a crafty half hour or so no matter how busy you are.  It is really SUCH an amazing stress reliever.....
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover