Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 30, 2011

á la modes!

We're moving right along with Teaser Time for My Favorite Things, and today I'm tickled pink to share with you one of the newest á la modes!

Before I started paper crafting, I gave knitting a try....  I mostly made baby hats, and tons and tons of scarves.  I did knit a blanket for my older son, and I learned one thing... I needed a quicker craft.  I loved shopping for yarn, and picking out patterns, but once I got hooked on paper crafting, all those supplies languished.

For me, I love being able to fully finish a project in one sitting, which clearly wasn't happening with knitting.

My mom and my sister are both amazing with the knitting needles.  I'm always in awe of their patience.... to finish a huge project, and the part of knitting that scares me the most. Finishing.  Sewing all those sleeves, fronts, backs and putting together a finished piece.  Amazes me every single time.

My son still loves his "grammy socks" more than any others.  He also sleeps with the blanket my mom knit for him when he was born.  {{sweet boy}}

I decided to replicate the texture of handmade chunky knit pieces by paper piecing all of my image.  Patterned paper is from Crate Paper's 6x6 pad titled Random.  I added the sentiment "Knit Happens" with the File Tab Die-namics. You know I love a little pun sentiment.....

There are two á la modes previewing today, be sure to stop by the MFT Blog today to see the other one, and also, for a full list of designers participating in teasers today!

Post a Comment

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover