Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 13, 2011

My new reader

One of my favorite milestones for my kids, is when they start reading, really reading. As in "Mom, I'm not sleepy yet, can you leave the light on so I can read to myself?" Or, when I wake up in the morning and they're already snuggled up with a good book.  {{{love that}}}}

I've been using a trip to the bookstore as a reward lately, and it works like a charm.  Money for books is money well spent.  However, I'm going to need a bigger bookshelf.... My six year old is now making the big step into chapter books.  And, he was needing a way to mark the page for where he left off (he was currently using baseball cards, or sticker's from the doctor's office, or little bits of artwork) so together we went to my crafty area and I let him choose from my (generous) stash of paper.

Once he picked this set from My Mind's Eye, I grabbed LOTS of stamps and Die-namics to coordinate.  This is the First Class Friend Die-namic for the frame, combined with the Just the Ticket.  I used Hearts A Plenty in cork along with the letters from Typewriter Alphabet, just a bit of Postage Stamp Border Die-namics across the bottom.


I've stitched it all together for durability (and yes, because I love to sew on my projects.) But this should help it last a little longer.  But let's be real, when he eventually ruins it, you know I'll have fun making a replacement......

5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Trina said...

I just love parents who want their children to enjoy reading! It always makes me happy! (Yes, sadly there are parents who seem not to care about their children's education or futures...)

I know he's going to love this bookmark! It's got "boy" written all over it with just a hint of love from mom!

Steph Herbert said...

Love that he is loving to read and that you made him an awesome bookmark! It's super cute!:)

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

My oldest son is starting to read, too! I love, love, love it! I made little magnet bookmarks for his whole class. This one you've made is gorgeous! TFS!

Brandi

Gabby said...

Hi. Tried to leave a comment on the MFT blog post for your "friends" book but for some reason couldn't log in? Anyway ... just wanted to tell you that I think it's fabulous! The designs and papers and pics look just great! Sorry I had to leave the comment here. :) BTW, your bookmark is real cute!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Terrific bookmark Joanne! I'm sure your little one loved it! He's at such a fun age for reading! Geronimo Stilton books are a lot of fun and great for boys his age and a little bit older! (You know that I'm a teacher and I have throw a book title in whenever I can...lol!) :D

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover