Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 10, 2011

Poppy {Love}

Every once and a while, when you're out and about in the world, do you get smacked in the face with inspiration, that you're then dying to make into a card?  Because I do.  And then, life gets in the way, and by life, I mean bronchitis.  Its really been lovely.  (not)

So, by now I've had this idea in my mind for a good week and a half, and had too much on my "to do" list that I didn't get a chance to sit down to just play. Which, makes me pretty sad.


When I was able to sneak away to my stamp table (at last!) I reached for this pretty new pad from My Mind's Eye. It is actually Christmas paper, but I'm not using any of the Christmas elements here.

I grabbed the Inspired By Flowers (set three) as well as my First Class Friend stamp sets. 

First I stamped the flower onto watercolor paper that I'd diecut with First Class Friend Die-namics.  And then set that baby aside to dry.  Leave it longer than you'd think, because when you add water, watch out if that ink isn't fully dry.  You'll have to start all over again.  Note: If you haven't watercolored before, I've done a little tutorial which you can see here.

Once the watercoloring was dry (I sped that up using my heat gun...)  I overstamped the image with the script from First Class Friend - with distress ink. It is very, very subtle, but I really like the effect.
Lastly, I overstamped the sentiment LOVE in Brilliance Ink. Brilliance does take a while to dry, but it has a really nice, heavy coverage....

I added a bit of corrugated cardboard trim with Simply Scallops and then finished the card off with two Maya Road buttons and a bit of black saddle stitched ribbon. 


My sweet grandmother has asked for a set of cards, and while the ribbon and buttons on this one are a bit bulky (I can't help myself) I'm going to tuck this into her little card kit - I'm now feeling like I need to make a coordinating gift tag.  I wonder if anyone will notice if I hide out in the stamp room for a few more hours today!?

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Inge Groot said...

Absolutely a stunning card Joanne! Love that you've used the MME xmas paper this way, gorgeous color scheme!

Heather Rogers said...

Love the watercolor look of your flower and the postage stamp frame it is in.
Hope you get lots of crafty time. :)

g said...

this is so so beautiful!

Trina said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Gabby said...

Very pretty card! Love your beautiful framed flower. All of your papers and textures are super. Lucky G'ma! :)

Jodi Collins said...

OOOH! This is GORGEOUS!!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover