Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 25, 2011

Embossing and Watercoloring with Inspired By

Ouch, I've been such an infrequent poster lately, and for that I'm sorry.... I've been really busy here at home with the boys, soccer two nights a week and I feel like I'm always running behind.
We've been relying on crock pot meals (um, delicious!) and take out pizza (love the no-dishes to do.)

I've found however, that if I don't find at least a little time to get crafty, I get super, super cranky.  I've been trying to get a jump start on projects for the next My Favorite Things release.  (sorry, that's such a tease, I know...)

I have been on a kick making tags the last week, this is the first of a *bunch* that you'll be seeing from me over the next few weeks.  I love that this satisfies my need to create, and they'll be put to good use as gift packaging or tucked into gift ensembles.  I think this one, in particular, makes a pretty sweet bookmark.

This week's Feature Friday video focuses on watercoloring and heat embossing.  I finally got a chance to play with my new Twinkling H2O's, and all I can say is why haven't I used these before?  I love them!

I've used the Inspired by Flowers (set 3) along with the sentiment from Inspired by Flowers (set 2) I overstamped the image with the script from First Class Friends and added a little border detail with the Solid Bracket Border.  These Inspired By images are really so easy to color.  The illustrator has done all the work for you, so that all you need to do, is add shading and additional layers of color where the images are darkest, the guesswork is totally out of the picture. Nice!







Have a WONDERFUL weekend, and thanks for visiting!

4 Comments    Post a Comment:

Christine said...

This is so beautiful, Joanne! It will definitely do double duty as a bookmark too.

I hear you about running behind! I'm getting my 2 kids to and from 15 practices a week! Thank goodness my hubby does the 5:30 AM drop-offs. I need to find some good crock pot meals that can cook while I run them around in the evening.

Katie Skiff said...

Love the tag!! It's ok to enjoy some busy family time, but glad you worked in a cute tag!!

Jody Morrow said...

Very pretty, Joanne. Love the gorgeous coloring.

Lisa H. said...

I think I could watch your videos all day! you do a fantastic job with them....sooooo, professional! love this tag, feel free to send it to me :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover