Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 16, 2011

Make it Manly....

Confession.  Making a manly card is hard for me.  I want to use my cutesy papers, and add ribbons, and frilly details.  But alas, there are guys in my life that need cards too. Which I why I'm thankful for sets like First Class Friend.

I stamped the sentiment to a piece of text printed paper so that the center panel wasn't too "blank" looking and lightly sponged all the edges.  Lots of stitching, but I was able to back away from the ribbon today.

The sentiment was colored in with a dark red marker, and then given three coats of clear glaze pen.  I just happened to have this cord heart die-cut and waiting on my desk, which turned out quite handy if you ask me.

And sometimes, if your bobbin runs out of thread while you're sewing, you *don't* curse and freak out, you simply continue along the path and have a nice pierced border.  And breathe.  Definitely remember to breathe. (admittedly there are other times that having the bobbin run out *does* make me swear and freak out...)


Thanks to my awesome friend Jody for this patterned paper.  It was just the mix I needed!


Supplies Used:

1 Comments    Post a Comment:

Sarah Gough said...

oh wow, that paper is amazing. Awesome guy card!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover