Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 11, 2011

Paper-Piecing

If you've been reading my blog a while, you'll know that Paper-Piecing is my preferred technique.  I love that you can add sweet details so easily.  I also love that it is a great way to dig into those pattern paper scraps. And for me, I'm just better at that than coloring in large sections.  While you can do this with lots of different stamps, I thought illustrating it with a Pure Innocence image would be easy to follow along.


Whenever I teach this technique in store, it is truly a WOW!  And I've got to say.... I'm always reminded that new people are always starting up stamping... So though this isn't new news to many of you, 
my hope is that this video will be helpful to someone.  

Paper-piecing is such a simple technique, but you can create such great effects.   Whenever I gift a card to a friend, they always ask "how did you do THAT?" 

So, with all that in mind... here's a little video that will show you step by step how to do it. 




If you're a YouTube viewer, you can see the video here

I'd love to know what "other" things you'd like to see a video on.  Any products you'd like to see in action?  Just drop me a comment and I'll add it to my "to-do" list!



Supplies used in this project: 

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Kristy Hansen said...

thank you for sharing this. I have been trying to do this more--but sticked to less detailed stamps. NOW I know what to do--thank you. ksh

Grannymama said...

Thank you for sharing...I'm going to try this ... after the holidays r finished. Just a thought...your video was a little blurry to watch... like 3-D effect :-)

Tracey said...

Great video Joanne and a gorgeous card!!

Katie Skiff said...

Love it. I love paper piecing, it's a great technique!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this card!!! Because it is so going to be copied in my craft room right now!!! :)

Jody Morrow said...

That is really cute and I loved your video, Jo.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover