Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 2, 2011

Feature Friday!

I'm so excited about this week's My Favorite Things Feature Friday video. The new Die-namics By the Letters is a die that I've wanted for the last year, and I'm tickled pink that it is here! I've gone sort of nuts playing with it...  I love being able to make these cards with whatever sentiment I've got on the mind.  If you already own By the Numbers, this is a great mix and match addition!

I used to hoard chipboard letters, but let's face it, those babies aren't cheap.  Now that I've got By the Letters, I've been stashing cereal boxes, or shirt boxes to create my own.  Of course these letters work perfectly fine all on their own, but I love the extra dimension I can get by layering felt, or patterned paper letters over a thin cardboard base!  And hello, the cardboard is free and I'm recycling, & so its all good!

This first card uses wool felt for the letters and I'm playing with the My Mind's Eye Loves Me paper which I'm clearly obsessed with.



This next card was created for my niece's baptism.  You can nestle five of these letters on top of the Clearly Sentimental Label Die-namics for easy placement.  It is embellished with the Pretty Posies Die-namics (cut twice, once from patterned paper and one from corrugated cardboard.)


For even more possibilities, you can match the By the Letters Die-namics with the Mix and Match Banners Die-namics. I added the die cut letters (I love that this set comes with an ampersand!) to the banners (I've used three out of the four shapes) and then hung my banner anchored over a Die-namics Open Scallop cut from corrugated cardboard.  --- Can you tell how much fun I've been having?---



And since it is Feature Friday, I have a video to share with you all about this awesome Die-namics set! You'll see step by step how I created my felt and cardboard letters, along with a few tips and tricks for working with Die-namics By the Letters!



19 Comments    Post a Comment:

Erin Smetak said...

SO beautiful! You weren't kidding when you said you're already focused on the next holiday! Your Valentine cards are amazing!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Wow, your Valentine cards are SO beautiful! This alphabet looks like so much fun! and I just received my Love Me pad, I hope to play with it this weekend! Thank you for the inspiration!
hugs, margie

Unknown said...

love them!! oh alphabet die... you will be mine...

Jan Garber said...

You are so great at combining the casual and the gorgeous! Love that video!

Christy said...

Wool felt letters...are you kidding me?? That it totally GORGEOUS!!!!

Tracey said...

Incredible cards!! Just absolutely gorgeous!!

Leslie said...

Your cards are always so lovely and feminine! And I LOVE the videos you do - thank you so much for sharing for all the "visual" people, like me! :)

Michele Boyer said...

LOVE these!! Love!

Angel said...

goodness woman, i'm no where near done with my Christmas cards and you're knocking out Valentine's cards?!?! geesh! these are just too pretty for words and love the video!

Kary said...

Wow, these are awesome, Joanne!! You are so organised, getting onto Valentine already?? Have a great weekend!!

Tanya said...

these are beautiful! I wish those alphabet dies were in the store when I made my purchase last week. Will definitely pick them up the next time! :)

Sheila said...

Gorgeous cards! Beautiful video, now I want a Vagabond plus MFT letters.

Thanks for sharing

Marisa said...

How fun to make words from felt! amazing samples, all of them :) Alpha die is on my wish list!!

Megan said...

These are ALL fabulous!!

Heather Rogers said...

Absolutely fabulous. I love them all. :)

Jennifer said...

Joanne,

Thank you so much for taking the time to make a video!!! :) I am already SOLD! I can't wait to get my hands on these awesome dies!!!!!!!

I love all three of your cards and the way you layered the "chipboard" letters with felt!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Lisa H. said...

wow! x3.....beautiful work, Joanne! I am soooo super excited for these letters, too.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

These are so amazing

Jodi Collins said...

SWOONING!!! LOVE the felt letters!!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover