Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 16, 2012

Project Life....

I don't know about you, but before I started making cards, I dabbled in scrapbooking.  I started by joining a monthly stamping club at a friend's house. She's make a layout, we'd come and duplicate it.  I'd sometimes work on pages on my own, but pretty quickly I fell behind.

I discovered carding, and loved how quickly I could create a project. And the "collecting" of supplies began.  Somehow, I lost all the momentum to scrapbook. And blink. Years went by.

I'm ashamed to say that I have SO many photos on my laptop, in Facebook Albums, in Shutterfly albums and none printed.  Its ridiculous. And the phone. I have so many pictures on my phone. SO many.

And I have these two beautiful boys, two busy boys, and so many stories to write down.

Enter. Project Life.  If you're not familiar with Project Life, it's a modular scrapbooking kit.  That is all based on simplicity and actually getting those pages done.  I bought a binder, the Clementine Core Kit and several sets of page dividers. I've been *trying* to be good about keeping my camera with me as we're out and about and of course taken a TON of photos on my phone.....

To me, Project Life isn't about having perfect pages, or having "perfect" photography. But capturing these moments while they're still fresh.  My boys have been loving helping me journal, and they've been writing  their own notes, and they've been drawing pictures to include in the album too.  I love that this is something we can do together as a family, FOR our family.

And, I'm loving that I can incorporate SO many of my stampy elements into my album.

I'm finding that my stamps and Die-namics are just about perfect for embellishing my pages and taking notes:

I've been using my Die-namics By the Letters and Die-namics By the Numbers for quick page accents... see my little felted AM on the top left hand picture?  I've used the Monogram Alphabet for a title on my bottom right hand side photograph....



If you've got sporty kids, the All Star Stamp Set and Die-namics Die will certainly be handy. I used it for this 4x6 panel for my eldest son - who is playing on not one, but TWO indoor soccer leagues this winter.  The Mini Pennant Die-namics and the Typewriter Alphabet was used for the mini banner accent on the top of this page.



I'll be sporadically sharing pages from my Project Life album.... I hope that this helps you think about using your stamps and Die-namics in your memory keeping!  Thanks for looking!

8 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jackie Pedro said...

You GO, Joanne! So so cute! I love how you incorporated the die-namics and MFT alpha!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Love this!!! Mine is still in the box! LOL! I've got to get started!!

=)

xo!

Niki Estes said...

It looks awesome, Joanne! I love all the stamping and die-cut pieces you're adding.

Basement Stamper said...

I'm so excited to see you doing this, I'm over the moon!!! I love how you are incorporating your stamp stuff as I strive to do more of that this year and adore your sizing of photos for the 4 x 6 slots, great idea to use multiples. You have me inspired!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a wonderful page Joanne! You've inspired me to pull mine out and get started! We have oodles of things going on in our lives and what a fantastic way to document them!! You did a beautiful job incorporating your stamps and dies! :D

Melody said...

So cute Joanne! Love the how you used the dies.

Lisa H. said...

looove what you are doing in your album, Joanne! soooo sweet and the die-namics and MFT stamps are a perfect fit!

Unknown said...

Love your page, Joanne! The die cuts add a wonderful touch!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover