Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 29, 2012

Clearly Sentimental Previews

Welcome to day three of Teasers for My Favorite Things upcoming July Release.  The products I'm sharing today will be available at 10pm EST on Tuesday, July 3rd.

Today I'm using the new Triple Scoop Stamp Set (and last month's Triple Scoop set too).  Remember that the Triple Scoop is FREE with orders of $60 or more excluding tax and shipping. This month's Triple Scoop is Clearly Sentimental about Audrey Hepburn.  Learn all about the Triple Scoop Promo here.

I used the new stamp set to create a scrap page of myself and my bestie, Meredith.   Meri and I have been friends since college. We've been through thick and thin together, and she's that friend that you don't have to give any of the back-story to, she knows it all.  Quite often she knows me better than I know myself.  What I love love love about this girl is that she's always true to herself.  And that, my friends, is a beautiful thing to be.....

If you follow MFT you might know Meri as a repeat winner of the Guest Designer Challenge.  Now its funny, we're an unlikely pairing if you know us well.  Our personal styles couldn't be more different, I'm clean classic girl, and she's got an eclectic funky style.  Let me just say, that she is the most fabulous person so shop with EVER.  If I'm out and about on my own, I'm always texting her for her advice. This photo was snapped on a visit to Nordstrom's Rack this spring. 

Inspired by her fun and funky style, I bought these patterned papers from Pink Paislee - 

I added a mix of products to mimic Meri's fun "collected" style.  She's got trendy stuff, vintage stuff and mixes it all beautifully.  I love it.  I used the Simply Scallops in two colors and stitched them in place. The Traditional Tags STAX is anchored behind the top of the main panel and stitched in place. I've cut the Vine Border Die-namics and the Plentiful Petals Die-namics from corrugated cardboard. 

I've gone ahead and used the same patterned paper to make a coordinating card to go with the page.  For the card though I'm using last month's Triple Scoop Complimentary Greetings.  This set will be available as an individual item this coming Tuesday.

I've paired Complimentary Greetings with the new Designer Labels STAX 3, the bright pop of yellow you see was cut with the Solid Bracket Border Die-namics and I created a custom embellishment with the Plentiful Petals Die-namics.



To create the embellie, I cut the smallest of the blossoms from Plentiful Petals twice from corrugated cardboard, and then added a stacked set of buttons to the center....  You can see I've got a little triad of Fishtail Flags STAX peeking out again today.


Here's a peek at the two new stamp sets so you can see all the amazing sentiments included this month....  Be sure to visit the MFT Blog today for a full list of designers with samples to share.



And here's the graphics for the upcoming Die-namics. What's your favorite so far this month?





Here are the links to the products I've used in today's post. Thanks SO much for stopping by today!

41 Comments    Post a Comment:

Alina said...

Cool layout! Love the background paper!

Megan McDonald said...

I love the vine and flower they will be on my to buy list. brillant page.

cutiephinphin said...

Lovely LO... Love the vine and that flower. They dress up your LO well.

zehra said...

The layout is pretty, I like how the pretty picture is the focus, real cool, love the vines around it and great card, love the flower

Kristy Hansen said...

I like the 12x12 layout you did. I love the new vine and flower dies. I think they are a great addition to you projects today. ksh

CraftyMomOf3 said...

JO!!!! I'm in tears...this is so sweet...so beautiful and beyond touching!! Not to mention absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Sigh...I'm so lucky to have the bestest friend in the entire world...

XOXOXOXOXO!

Cindi said...

Great layout and card! Love the cardboard flowers.

Stephanie said...

Wonderful work!

Susan said...

awww...love the pic of you and your bestie.

jonim52 said...

Great page and card. Love the color schemes.

wendy said...

lovely scrap page...love all the corrugated cardboard

Tricia T said...

You two could be sisters! You're both just beautiful! Great layout to celebrate your friendship. Cute card, too!!

Tricia

Jill Norwood said...

Love your page and card! So beautiful! Great new items this month!

stampingbowd said...

Wonderful layout!! So fun to read a little background story behind a creation!!! You both look like you are having so much fun!!!!

Your card is gorgeous!!!! Love those fishtail flags and that new petal flower!!!

M Munn said...

Love your projects....thanks for inspiring!

Lin said...

Both your layout and card are gorgeus, but it's that woodgrain flower that has me who-hooing! Thanks for a great idea!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

It looks like you guys are having fun! Love these papers and the great design

Sparkly Engineer said...

Really liked seeing the products used in a scrapbook layout as well as a card. Thank you.

Heather Rogers said...

Such a sweet LO of you and your bestie. I love the fun PP paper and fabulous new Plentiful Petals dies.

Your card is stunning as well. I love that new Labels 3 stax. I hear my wallet screaming. :)

Hugs~

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful layout. Love the colors and the new dies you used, especially the new flower dies. TFS

Angel said...

fun page! beautiful card!!!

Lynne in NI said...

Fab projects! Lovin your flower die and beautiful sentiments!

Julie S said...

Wonderful LO and card!

Queen Mary said...

Joanne, you totally rocked the vine on your scrapbook page! I love stamps and scrapbooking! I love stamps and cards too! :0 Love these two sentiment sets -- thanks for the full monty!

Coleen said...

Both projects are gorgeous....as always!

Helen L said...

Love your scrapbook page and your card!! And I'm dying over the flower you made with the cardboard and the two buttons and twine: AMAZING!!

Unknown said...

Love the bright colours, so happy!

lula1206 said...

I love your lo!

di said...

The corrugated cardboard flower is great.

Kimberly said...

Great layout. Perfect dp.

Gabby said...

FANTASTIC card! Love the colors, layers, stitching, the awesome flower that looks like trendy wood ... great card! :)

Lisa H. said...

beautiful layout! and your card is stunning, too! ♥

Mona Pendleton said...

Such fun projects Joanne! Love how you showcased a beautiful bloom on your layout and on your card! Sure shows the versatility of that die! Some of my favorite patterned paper as well ;)

Barbara said...

Gorgeous layout and card!

Anonymous said...

Great layout and card! Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Love your scrap page and the beautiful card, these are so great

Elle said...

I love the paper you used to make your flowers. Cool!

alexisssantoro said...

Wonderful projects!

Flo said...

Sweet story and layout. I love the wooden button on your card.

Shari said...

What a great layout page and your card is absolutely stunning!

Hugs;
Shari

Anonymous said...

SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP!!!! You are brilliant!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover