Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 3, 2012

MFT Previews Continue: Firecracker

I think, that this is maybe, my favorite card I made for this release at My Favorite Things.  I fell in love with this patterned paper from Authentique, I loved all the true "americana" feel of the paper, and all its aging.  Today I'm previewing à la modes: Firecracker - isn't she pretty?

I'm really excited for the Fourth of July, we have some fun plans that involve a small town parade, and lots of time at the beach.  Fried chicken, potato salad and fireworks.   I'm so very excited....

I used my favorite paper for Copic Work X-Press it Paper and then did some paper piecing to build her sweet dress, and the firework too.  Using my Multiliner pen, I drew in the ground, and then colored in the sidewalk with my C1 and C3 markers.    I'm using Heavyweight Kraft Cardstock for my card base and then all the matting in Whip Cream.  I love love this striped twill ribbon from the Ribbon Carousel. I've used up my last bit, but have more on the way (yeah!)

The new Star STAX Die-namics was of course the perfect addition to my little card.  It contains stars in four different sizes.  I also added a quick bit of the Notched Border Die-namics.  Sentiment placement was quick and easy with the Mini-Tabs Foursome  I put half on the front, and then finished off the inside adding another of the Star STAX.


Here's a peek a the elements I'm using in my project today. Remember to check the MFT Blog for a full list of designers with samples for you!  We're just a few short days away from the new Release.  All the new stamps and Die-namics will be available Tuesday, June 5th at 10pm EST.  I hope you're getting excited!  So many new goodies to choose from!




31 Comments    Post a Comment:

Janice W. said...

This is wonderful! I love the sentiments in this set! You always do such an awesome job on your cards! I miss not taking your classes anymore. Hope you are doing well!
Janice :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

She is so adorable and I love this paper, need to run out and buy some now, lol.

Gypsy 2 said...

She is so cute.Great card!!

leahd said...

Colours are lovely just right for a 4th of july celebration.

Mary J said...

Love the layout and how you coloured her!

Cyndi said...

Great use of paper piecing for this lovely card

jonim52 said...

Very cute, perfect paper match.

Kristy Hansen said...

I love this set and how you made your card. Love the paper! ksh

Susan said...

OK...I NEED this cute little set. lol

wendy said...

really cute new a la mode, love her dress and shoes and awesome paper you used ...great new dies too

Tricia T said...

This is such a cute card! I love the paper you pieced her dress with!!

zehra said...

Lovely card, love how the star matches so well with the stamp

Heather Rogers said...

So very cute! I LOVE that vintage looking paper and I MUST get some of that twill! Fabulous job with the new release. :)

Nancy Thomas said...

I've been trying so hard to resist that paper and you are not making that any easier with this beauty! Love the new image and of course your card highlights it perfectly.

Anonymous said...

Jo, this is so cute! I love the paper you used for it!

Katie Skiff said...

Way cute - these are great papers!! I don't want to hurry summer along, so I can wait on the 4th of July!!

Becky Carafa said...

Vintage adorable!

stampingbowd said...

What a cute card!!!! I just love this ALM!!!

Cindi said...

Gorgeous card! I love your papers and colors.

Jill Norwood said...

Joanne - your card is GORGEOUS! I love your paper piecing - her dress is so cute and you did the firecracker too!!! It looks great! And that ribbon is sweet - I might have to be naughty and go get some LOL! Thanks also for commenting on my pocket card!!!!

Queen Mary said...

Joanne, I love the paper piecing you did! The firecracker is so cool!

Michele Boyer said...

So cute. Love all the piecing!

Elle said...

I love these papers! Your card is so darn cute.

Mary-Anne V said...

Adorable card...love the image.

Amy Sheffer said...

Awesome new a la mode! You've showcased her beautifully with that gorgeous mix of papers!

scrappingnana said...

Cute card. Love the new ala mode images. TFS

F said...

The colors make this card awesome!

Flo said...

Love all your red, white and blue. The papers are great.

CraftyMomOf3 said...

LOVE the paper piecing on this Jo!! GORGEOUS!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Jenni said...

Very fun card!! love the dp you used!!

jennik

Caroline said...

Super sweet card, great layout, and awesome patterned papers!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover