Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 17, 2012

Hello, Friend!

It's a crazy shame that I own stamps and Die-namics that I've never had a chance to use yet.  I spent a ton of time last weekend cleaning up from our last release, and ran across my basket of "haven't yet used them" stamps that sits on the corner of my desk.

Like most teenage girls, I was *obsessed* with talking on the phone.  And of course, back in the day you'd have the long cord trailing behind you. Remember buying the extra long cord so you could walk into the next room?  Remember having to circle back and trace your path to unwind said extra long cord when you had twisted it around the furniture?  My phone was a peach princess phone, which matched my peach and white bedding set.  Yuck. Peach? 


So here's a fun card with a more modern twist on a vintage classic. How about a bright and cheery RED phone.  (much, much better than peach.)

I used my handy, dandy cut and re-cut technique to have a perfect fit for the sentiment "hello, friend." If you haven't seen me do that before, you can see a quick how-to on that HERE.



I added a little cork heart from the Notched Tag Die-namics.  I love adding that tiny little heart wherever I can! 

So, if you want to see how quick and easy it is to put the rotary dialer together, and how to get this fun coiled twine cord you can watch this quick product video HERE (or embedded just below....)




Okay friends, have an amazing weekend! At last, here are the links to the products I'm using today.  Happy stamping!

4 Comments    Post a Comment:

wendy said...

terrific card so creative, love the phone cord thanks for sharing the video tutorial

Patti J said...

Cuteness!!! Gosh, I so remember talking on phones like those! Showin' my age, I know! Unused stamps? Really? lol...I think we all have those. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I tell myself 'I won't use that die and stamp set' so I don't get it!! Then you come along and make a card like this and then I say to myself 'crap, I need that set'....all because of YOU!!! Thanks and MFT thanks you!!! Oh ya, THIS FREAKIN' ROCKS GF!!!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so cute, love how you wrapped the phone cord and the great overall design....fabulous.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover