Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 12, 2013

Scrap to Win with My Favorite Things

About a year ago, I realized that I had a zillion photographs of my cards, but hardly any of my kids. And gosh if they aren't growing SO fast and there are so many moments I was just missing.

For mother's day last year I got exactly what I needed. A big girl camera, and a full day class on how to use it. And now, I have a bazillion photos of my kids.  To their dismay that baby is always around my neck, and in their faces.

Which has brought me back to scrapbooking. YEAH!  They don't love me taking photos all the time, but they do love my finished scrapbook pages. Oh and they love helping to art direct my scrap pages too.


Here's my page to capture memories of the Nemo Blizzard which just covered us in two feet of snow.  This snow is deep. The snow plow actually forgot our street yesterday and by then, the snow was so heavy that a giant dump truck got stuck and had to get pulled out by a piece of construction equipment. Let me just say, that isn't something you see every day.

As my collection of Laina Lamb Stamps and Die-namics grows, I'm able to mix and match to find great  ways to add documenting to my pages. Here's some close-up photos of my page.

I adore ledger paper and now I can stamp my own. I've used Whip Cream Cardstock, Laina Lamb Document It and added some flourishes with Own Your Story.  I love using my Die-namics to cut my own custom embellishments.  I've used High-Rise Alphabet for the "xo" the Heart STAX for the tiny felted heart, my beloved Let It Snowflake Die-namics, and the fabby new Cute Cameras.



24. Yep, that's the inches of snow we got in a 24 hour period.  However, in many areas of my yard it was much more than that due to high winds and drifting.   The numbers were cut with High-Rise Numbers and placed onto a combination of Fishtail Flags STAX and Fishtail Flags Layers STAX.

I've hung a new Heart STAX with a mini clothespin.  The heart was cut from corrugated cardboard. I also added a cardboard Photo Corners too. 



The My Favorite Things Scrap Sketch is a great chance to get caught up on a page.  I hope you'll join me....  If you play along, you'll be assured of getting at least a single page done each month. And guess what, you'd have a whole year of memories captured at the end.



Oh right, did I mention that one lucky participant will be selected to win a gift voucher of up to $20 to the MFT Boutique. Check HERE for all the details:


Here's this month's sketch it's a fun one! I'm sure you'll find lots of creative ways to read this sketch and play along with us. You'll find the participating designers listed on the MFT Blog



You'll find all the stamps and Die-namics used in this page listed just below:



7 Comments    Post a Comment:

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover