Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 16, 2007

Meet My Friends!

I'm starting a new feature on my blog called "Meet My Friends" Fridays. This week, I'm posting it on Saturday, because I had a crazy busy day yesterday, and simply didn't get a chance to post.

I consider myself so lucky to know so many amazing women, and each week, I'd like to share a little bit about my wonderful friends.


This week, I'm sharing this stunning card from my friend Audra. I first learned of Audra's amazing talents a few years ago when our gift to a fellow playgroup Mom was a hand made quilt.

Each of us worked with Audra to make one square of the quilt, and then she pieced them all together. Clearly MUCH more work than our individual squares, plus she had to instruct each of us with our pieces. I can not sew, at all, and let me tellyou, was so frustrated by making only one square. To date, I am in awe of the patience that she has to make such beautiful things.

Audra gave this viewmaster card for Little Man's birthday, but really, I think it was for me. (wink) I seized it right out of his little paws quick as could be. What really makes me laugh about this card is that these stamps were mine, I purchased them to make birthday invites for the big boy when he turned three. Afterwards, I said "What will I ever do with these?" and sold them to Audra! Who knew??

I asked Audra if it would be okay if I posted a photo of her card, and for a little blurb about herself, and here's what she had to say:

"In my past life as a college professor, I worked creatively through my research. Once I retired to raise my three young children, I struggled to find creative outlets to escape from the daily routine. Now, I'm a self taught quilter, scrapbooker, stamper and card maker. I currently really enjoy stamping and making papergoods because there isn't alot of time commitment to finishing a project. My oldest daughter, who is now five, recently has found a joy in scrapbooking as well. It is something I look forward to sharing with her in the years to come. In my future life, I will go back to my love of teaching science and have also promised myself that I will learn to knit."

I've been lucky enough to watch her two eldest here in my daycare, and I love them dearly. We joke that her son would gladly take up residence in my home and I'd glady take him! Her eldest daughter is a bright, inquisitve and beautiful child that insists she will marry the Big Boy one day. Her youngest is the best behaved baby I have ever known.

All that, and she is one of the very nicest, most considerate people I've ever known. Lastly, please join me in wishing her a very happy birthday today!!! Happy Birthday Dear Audra!

2 Comments    Post a Comment:

Dottie K. said...

Happy Birthday! It's nice to have special people in our lives. Love the card!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday - and what a great card!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover