Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 19, 2007

A Matchbook for Your Birthday? Well, not really....

I promised Rachel I'd learn to make a Matchbook card. Of course, I searched, but wasn't able to find directions anywhere. So, I searched the gallery to look at them, and then played around to see how I might make it work.


Here's how I did it.....I took a piece of cardstock measuring 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 and scored it at 3/4 inches, 1 1/2 inches and again at 5 1/2 inches.

I folded over the bottom two scores and added a strip of designer paper to the front bottom piece. Then secured it with two brads that went all the way through to create the matchbook closure. Then just folded at the 5 1/2 line like a standard card. The top piece tucks right inside the lip of the matchbook bottom.

This version uses my so saffron designer prints paper from Stampin Up as well as the Office Accoutrement stamp set and my new favorite sentiment "Birthday Hugs and Wishes" also from Stampin Up within the set Hugs and Wishes.

Have a great night!

3 Comments    Post a Comment:

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover