Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 29, 2007

Giving Up my Vice.....

Diet Coke. I swear, if you opened up my veins, you'd see it coursing through my system. It is definitely unhealthy how much of it I consume on a daily basis. I can't even tell you how much, because it is simply embarrassing..

So, I promised my husband this past weekend that I'd cut back. I'm down to two a day. And trust me, that's WAY back.

Today, my head hurts. Hurts so badly, wants caffeine. I just made myself a big old pitcher of iced tea to try to switch that into my rotation. Seltzer water gives me a stomach ache, plain water is well, just that, plain.

So wish me well on my Diet Coke reduction plan. I'm off to sip my rationed glass very slowly.

8 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do it! I was the same way with Mt. Dew. . . and since I can leave this anonymously. . . I could go through a 2 liter (+) each day. I'm down to one mt dew every few days. Your body will thank you. You've got support! Stay strong!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

I suppose it wouldn't be great advice to tell you to switch to something with the same amt of caffiene...like coffee? At least that's natural? ;) hehehe...

love you!

Nancy said...

What a brave girl!! Good luck!

I have gone from a 6 can a day habit (Diet Dr. Pepper) to about 2 cans a day... and that caused a headache

I refuse to give it up completely....

Liz said...

I can SO relate to you! I've shaved my consumption to just one a day and it's a far cry from what it was before. A 2 liter bottle of Diet Coke by lunch was totally normal before. Hang in there!

Basement Stamper said...

I know the feeling. I was a big Pepsi drinker and when I got pregnant (along with the gestational diabetic) I had to give that up, so I'm onto the Diet and try not to drink too much but I could definitely drink it all day long.

Keep it up! You'll do great, it'll just take a little time.

Anonymous said...

I have a similar coffee habit. I guess all those free 5 lb bags from the two relatives that work at Dunkin Brands Corporate doesn't help! In the past when I've cut down I find that drinking a cup of tea definitely helps with the withdrawl headaches! Good luck!
Audra

Jan Scholl said...

I had to give up diet coke 10 years ago when I developed ulcers-only do water and watery tea now. I am amazed how gross it tastes as once I grabbed a cup and it was my daughter's pop. yuck.

Sharon in NE said...

Poor thing, I can proudly say I went from 12 cups of strong coffee to 1 cup. It is a large TURBO cup, which is like a very tall Espresso...but its kinda cutting back. Well, it SOUNDS like I'm cutting back. I'm not sure...got LOTS of caffeine. No headaches or nap for me.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover