Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 5, 2007

Can you help?

Last night, I was watching a program on ABC about viral marketing. With an advertising background, I found it fascinating how things have changed in the short time I've been at home. (Okay, if you call five years a short amount of time...)

Then, today I was passed this amazing video. As I sat watching it in my kitchen, with tears streaming down my face, I thought to myself after all the foolish forwards I have seen over the years I simply have to pass along this video. It is amazing, moving, and for once, something actually important! I have to tell someone. I have to write a letter.

I did not know this, but apparently September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month. Nearly a year and a half ago, a friend of mine lost her son after he fought a long and extremely brave fight against neuroblastoma. If there is anything we can do to prevent another child, another family from this pain and suffering, especially, when all they are asking is for us to write a letter, and maybe continue to pass along the video.

So, if you have a moment, please watch the video. I will warn you, be sure to have a box of tissues at hand, it is so moving. Then, I'd ask that you consider writing a letter in support of the Conquer Childhood Cancer Act 2007. To make it so simple, you can actually submit the letter electronically through this site: CureSearch I didn't have to look up any information to send the letter to my representatives, all I had to do was enter my name, and the desired text and poof. Off went my request.

I've also included a link to Katie's website. Katie and I are on a local area parenting bulletin board and is the woman who passed me the video this morning. Katie's daughter Hunter was diagnosed in 2003 at only 18 months of age and is currently undergoing treatments to maintain her remission.

Katie, thanks for sharing, congratulations on your new baby, but most importantly, wishing you all the best for Hunter.

Thanks everyone.
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover