Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 30, 2007

Cutie Pie Folio

I've shown you these Note Card Folios before, and Liz won one as blog candy. This time its with one of my faves - Cutie Pie!



The directions for the folio itself are easy peasy! Holding your paper vertically, score at 2". Then holding your paper horizontally, score at 5 1/2.



Fold on all score lines with a bone folder. Decorate the cover however you wish, and using a hole punch, place a hole in each pocket side to thread ribbon through to hold the folio shut. Edited to add: To answer a reader question....I don't secure the inside at all, its only held closed by the ribbon ties on the side.

You all know that I just love my "Think Happy Thoughts" set. Its totally affordable and I use it all the time. Looks just sweet with the scalloped circle punch! This was a great excuse to pull it out again!

Notecard mat is made with cardstock measuring 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 and the actual note made of neutral cardstock 1/4 inch smaller all around.

I like to decorate them either with a simple stamp, or a strip of designer paper with a matching accent.


In this case, I thought the Three For You punch makes a sweet little adornment (and um, was super quick!) I also added a vintage brad to the center of each flower.

The folio will hold four cards on one side, and four envies on the other.

Voila! You're done! Have a great day everyone!]
Edited to add: I wanted to respond to Laura's question. Believe it or not, despite all the things I've made with it. I'm still on my FIRST set of Cutie Pie paper!!

14 Comments    Post a Comment:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh my goodness! Absolutely ADORABLE! I LOVE it!

Angie Tieman said...

Very cute! Great little project, love the addition of the Three For You flowers!

Kathy W said...

I am so copying this one!!!!

Liz said...

I adore this project! I love it so much that I hate to actually use the notecards and envelopes! It's definitely on my project/gift list for special people in my life.

Dottie K. said...

This is so cute. Thanks for sharing. I'm casing this one for sure. I enjoy your blog so much.

maiahs_momma said...

LOVE them :), going to def. have to try to make one or two or three now. Beautiful work :)!

Laura said...

So cutie patutie!!!!!! Tell me, how many packs of Cutie Pie have you gotten so far? Did you get your projects from yesterday yet?

Nancy Riley said...

Joanne, This is a DARLING idea! Love it! Great instructions too! BTW, your photography of your projects is FABULOUS!!!!

Alli Miles said...

These are GORGEOUS!

Corie said...

This is FANTASTIC -- love it

Sharron Lynne said...

Sensational! Very pretty. I was going to look for a template for a portfolio tonight. Yours fits the bill beautifully. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

You do great projects! TFS. A question: how do you affix your inside flap in the middle crease? I've done another version of this only different. thanx

Tricia T said...

I've just been paging through the past couple of months of your blog and I love it! Thank you for all the wonderful & easy 3-D ideas!! I am so intimidated by 3-D... but these I can do and they'll make great Christmas presents!! :) Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Anonymous said...

I love this! I'm trying to CASE it, but I also don't understand how the inside flap stays shut. Also, how are you doing the ribbon to tie everything shut?

TIA!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover