Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 10, 2007

A Real Maniac

Life in public with a toddler. Yikes. My older son was always so well behaved, that I really just didn't understand when kids would pitch a total fit in the store. But, now. I've learned my lesson. Or should I say, I've been taught that lesson by my younger son.

My older son had a gym class, so I packed an assortment of toys, and thought we'd play and read quietly while his brother took class. The other women who had their boys in class had reading with them (I have to admit being so envious of some quiet time to read a magazine, write a note or simply vege out...) I broke out Thomas the Train and a little snack. That lasted precisely two minutes.

Then, for absolutely no reason at all, my little guy decided to run back and forth through the lobby screaming "KANG-A-ROOOOOOO KANG-A-ROOOOOOOO" as loud as you could possibly imagine. I pulled him aside and said "If you can't play quietly with me, we're going to have to leave the gym." You can only imagine how that went over.

So, officially, I'm "that woman" who has totally no control over her child. I'm quite possibly never leaving the house again.

I'm SO tightly wound right now, I can't wait for it to be 6:45 so I can start bedtime and get closer to stamptime. I need a little stampin' right now.

4 Comments    Post a Comment:

Basement Stamper said...

Oh Joan, how I can relate so well to this, except I have a 19 mo old GIRL!!! My oldest (almost 8 yo) was much more behaved at that age. She pitched a fit last night at football practice when she was dragging my nice purse through the dirt and I took it away. I just walked away and let her scream it out. Believe me, when bedtime came around, I sighed a BIG SIGH of relief for some alone time as well!

Unknown said...

I feel like I'm always "that Mom" especially when I'm trying to buckle all the kids in the car!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I thought that I was "that mom" who has no control over her kids! But it has been lonely at the top, so I'm glad to see that there is actually an exclusive CLUB that we are VIP members of. You go girl!

Unknown said...

You KNOW we've ALL been there!! I'm the crazy one with the 4 children - all of which (except the baby who's so good) are whining and screaming! :) I have much more sympathy for those moms now!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover