Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 2, 2007

Card Progress

Yesterday (thanks to my sister who purchased me a Carl cutter for my birthday) I was able to cut ALL the paper I need for my Christmas Cards! YEAH!

Then, I realized that the Carl Cutter has a scoring blade! Wow. It was only $11 at Staples and they will deliver it to my home - for free! On Tuesday. I'll zip all that carstock through the Carl and shabang! Another step closer to finished cards.


Today, I'm going to continue the mass stamping of pointsettas and the hand trimming. Bummer that I didn't find an image that I could use a punch on. That would have been sooo much easier. But you know me, I always seem to find a way to make my life a little more complex than need be!
Oh, man. I designed Christmas cards for my friend, and loyal reader Liz. And - eeks, hers are just as complicated as mine! Sorry LIZ! But, they'll be beauteous I'm sure!

Have a great day!

5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Good for you getting all that done! I haven't even thought of Christmas cards yet!

Anonymous said...

I love my Carl Cutter! ;) Good for you! By the way, you've been tagged! You can view the details on my blog! :)

Liz said...

Sorry for sounding completely ignorant but what's a Carl Cutter? I suppose I could Google it...maybe it's something I should've put on my Xmas wish list??!! I'm finally done with all my holiday cards (2 versions). I'm so relieved! The pocket card was the most labor intensive and I only made 11 of those! Now, it's time to get cracking on holiday baking! Beautiful tree and ornaments Joanne!

Jana Weaver said...

I don't envy you! I had to finish my xmas cards early this year to mail them while I was in the US, but I sure did miss my Carl cutter - that was too heavy to bring over to Germany with me!!

Good luck!

Linda said...

don't you just LOVE the Carl cutter? You can get a lot of blades for it - check out www.wilde-ideas.com - they have all the blades, cutting mats, etc...and they have sales all the time!!!! I have the scoring blade - it works WONDERS - I have the perforated blade, the deckle edge and the victorian....It's nice to have THOSE because you can make long continuous cuts without having to try to line the blade up like you would with scissors - just don't go back and forth, lol!

I am starting on my Christmas cards this week - simple cards this time around...I'm short on time!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover