Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Dec 2, 2007

A Lot Like Christmas

Last Saturday the boys and I decorated the tree while my husband raked up leaves. My two year old is absolutely fascinated with the three and every night yells "Good Night Christmas Tree" and insists that the lights be turned on all day, not just at night.

Our favorite new game is "Who Can Find." My husband and I get to sit on the couch and the boys have to find the ornaments that we mention "Snowman, Star, Baby Jesus, Angel" it keeps them occupied for way longer than I could ever have imagined. And I get to put my feet up for a change, which is nice.

We bought an artificial tree last year. I've never been a big fan, but with a house full of kids, I was worried having a real one getting old and dry and flammable! It was great, we put it together in under 15 minutes and without any fights about the lights, and no mess to clean up.

I'm sure you all have your favorite ornaments, or ornaments that remind you of special people and/or occasions in your life.

I have quite the collection of snowmen ornaments - I just love them, I can't help myself.

I also have several miniature lightship baskets that I bought at my favorite candy store on Nantucket.
Then, there are, of course, the special ones that we hang up high away from reaching hands.

We started a tradition a few years ago that my oldest goes to a pottery place and makes ornaments for his grandmothers and his godmother. I have one of those ornaments on the tree here as well.

Last week we went to the studio and painted a few it was amazing to see how much his painting has improved since last year. He was able to complete his project with little assistance from me and added lots of details to his pieces.
Little Man is a bit too antsy to paint this year, he'll literally be a bull in a china shop, but next year he should be good!

5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Melissa said...

It's lovely Joanne!

Tricia T said...

If it makes you feel any better, my teenagers still require me to burn the Christmas lights all day as well. They are the first things on in the morning and the last things off at night. The other day my oldest daughter said she'd like to continue the tradition of giving a Christmas ornament to each child each year when she has kids. That was neat. Children do enjoy our holiday traditions and I'm sure yours will remember playing the "Ornament I Spy" game with you!

Sharon in NE said...

Your tree is beautiful! I laugh when friends ask me what "theme" I'm going to use on my Christmas tree. The most beautiful tree to me is one filled with love and memories, not one I had a professional decorate. Yours is exquisite!

Diane said...

Gorgeous tree!!! It's funny that your son yells goodnight xmas tree,lol!!!

Liz said...

Joanne, can I ask what kind of camera you used to take photos of the tree/ornaments and your cards? I love how they turn out. The images are "soft" and not so stark. Do you use a digital SLR? Thanks!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover