Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 1, 2008

Boy Hearts

When I saw the large heart tins at Paper Trey's release last month, I knew right away what the boys would be getting for Valentines this year. However, do you know how HARD it is to find Valentines paper that isn't pink?

My eldest in particular can't stand pink, and would flip if it was in his present. Both of them like Green and Orange so when my quest for funky boy valentine paper failed, this Scenic Route Paper (I know, I know, I've got a major weakness for the stuff.....) jumped off the shelves to me in the store.


Now, to cover the top of the tin. The bottom was easy a strip of 1 1/2 inch paper did the trick, half on each side, hide the seam at the top and bottom. Easy peasy. Now, I tried that trick of Debbie's, only I don't have a stylus, so I figured I'd try it with the good old bone folder - while it COULD be done, it was sort of tedious, and I was moving fast (lots to do, lots to do!)

Luckily, I had a good old "a-ha" moment and ran back downstairs searching for something, now where had I left it... voila a transparency sheet! I traced the top of the tin with a sharpie marker and then cut it out. Then I cut out the center panel so that I'd have a stencil of the tin part of the top. Placed it on top of my patterned paper, traced it and sha-bang! Done!

Now, for the sentiment. Hmm. Clear top....I've got it. I used my Stazon Black ink to stamp LOVE directly onto the clear portion of the tin. How fun is that??

What would have been super easy would be the SU star punch, but I don't have it. However, I do own cuttlebug star shapes and chipboard. Zip zap and some stars for each of the boys boxes.

While they aren't particularly "valentiney" they will be just perfect for my two little guys. Especially since they'll be filled with goodies come Valentines morning!

I just love Paper Trey's packaging options - really I love all their stuff, its genious! I love to alter things, so its fun to have a variety of new things to play with!
I have one more alterable that has been patiently waiting on my shelf since October! I'm going to make time to get it all dolled up when I'm home from CHA!

12 Comments    Post a Comment:

Unknown said...

SUPER cute Joanne!! Your boys will love these - adorable!!

Kelly said...

Wow, those are wonderful!

Jana Weaver said...

Adorable Jo!! these are so awesome. And I LOVE the mailbox from the previous post!! Can't wait to get myself crafting again...just have to get rid of my husband! ;-)

Alex said...

These are really cute Joanne - and since there is no pink, the boys will love them - lol! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

Good grief! Another work of art from my friend diva Joanne! Love these! PS - I sent you an e-mail with some info...buzz me when you get a chance. Thanks girl!

Lois E. said...

What a great idea! Looks great.

I tagged you for the middle name game - See my blog for details.

Anonymous said...

Jo,
They are fabulous! The boys are going to love them!
audra

stampmonkey said...

These are adorable, and perfect for boys! I'm sure they'll love them...even if they are hearts. lol

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just adorable, Joanne! Love those colors and the papers!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

These are great! I've been thinking I'd like to make some "manly" looking heart tins too, maybe the SU Outlaw paper will work. Nice job!

Elizebeth said...

These are awesome, I hope your boys love these! I just wanted to say I'm really looking forward to working with you over the next few months! I'm greatful Gina K chose me so I was introduced to you and your wonderful work. Hugs!

Debbie Olson said...

Joanne, these all-boy hearts are excellent--LOVE them!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover