Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 5, 2008

Prettie Wednesday - Striped

Two weeks ago, Jillian issued our Prettie Girl challenge. The challenge was to use stripes in your design. I wanted to work with this super cute paper and luscious ribbon is Noteworthy from Making Memories.


I stamped the famous "headless chick" from MFT on watercolor paper with my Pearlescent Chocolate Brilliance pad and then I watercolored with my watercolor crayons and an aquapainter.

Since the "In Colors" from Stampin Up don't come in the watercolor crayons, I had to get a little creative with the mixing to get the right shade. I blended Tempting Turquoise with Sage Shadow and was very happy with the results.

If you're wondering how I already have this MFT stamp "Ride Em Cowgirl" since it is being released tonight from My Favorite Things .... this is the Paper Pretties My Favorite Things stamp of the Month for February!! I had so much fun with this card which is making its way up to Julie Masse in the mail.

Today's challenge will be posted by Christie!! Be sure to pop on over to visit all the Prettie Girls (see blog links on the right) to see everyone's stripey creations.

Paper Pretties next release is scheduled for Sunday, March 9th at 8pm EST we'll also be having our monthly Pretties Pajama Party! The Pretties Pajama Party is like a mini Virtual Stamp Night that lasts 3 hours. Each hour a challenge will be posted and you have an hour to complete and upload each challenge creation Hope you'll come join us for new stamps and fun challenges!
If you haven't done so already, be sure to check out the very next post for my Blogaversary Candy!!

11 Comments    Post a Comment:

Liz said...

Where did you get that gorgeous ribbon? It works perfectly with the card! Watercolor crayons are on my wish list!

Unknown said...

LOVE it Jo!! I got it Monday (??)! That ribbon is wonderful!! :) Your "anything but a card" will be on it's way today!! Hope you like!

Godchick said...

the ribbon is great!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Love it, Jo! What fabulous ribbon!

Catherine said...

from the PP and your ribbon...Yum! and ofcourse your card =)

Alex said...

This is totally cute and that ribbon is gorgeous!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Carie said...

That ribbon on the card is wonderful, I love it. The stripes are great,love the colors

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love that ribbon! If you tell me where you got it, I promise not to buy any! LOL

Diane said...

Lovely card and awesome ribbon!!!

Juanita B said...

Beautiful job! I'm not into Western, but your version of the stamp makes me want to order it now. The compilation of the paper, ribbon, and the focal point are irresistable. TFS and enabling, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is a great card, Joanne...and that RIBBON is AMAZING. Julie is a very lucky lady! Hugs, Barb g

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover