Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 18, 2008

Ahhhh Nuts! (giggle)

For anyone out there that may be following along on the allergy thing here's an update....

1)  I spoke with Mrs Meyers customer service today. They're fantastic.  However, they did say that their "plant based" products are in fact, in most cases, coconut based.  So that's out.

2)  I have a medic alert bracelet on order from Petite Baubles for my eldest before he heads to school. Shame on me, I should have done this long ago, and in fact had every intention of getting one, and the summer breezed on by.  Its being engraved today!

3)  I just ordered a slew of product from No Nuttin.  Granola bars, and some granola clusters. Good safe snacks at home or on the go.

4)  Found myself some new blogs to read from other Peanut Allergy families.  Will be adding a section in my sidebar for those.  

5)  Rewashing clothes and blankets and the like in some conventional detergent free of any dies or fragrances.  

6)  Read a truly fascinating post about a "treatment" that is in the works for Peanut Allergy kids. Wouldn't that be just truly amazing??  Based on a study currently going on at Duke University (go Duke!)  you can read a little more about it over here.

Making progress.....

3 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jackie said...

I will have to check out the information about Peanut allergies, I am allergic to all nuts and many candies now process all of their snacks on the same machinery as their nut products. The amounts of snacks that now have a peanut or tree nut clause on them have quadrupled in the last year or so. I have always read all the ingredients before eating anything, but there are a lot of things I can not go near due to the possibility of nuts being inside. In addition to that I am allergic to most detergents so I know how much of a hassle that can be. Then my sister is allergic to mold, my dad to red and yellow dyes and my mom recently allergic to mango, shrimp, parmesan cheese, and chocolate…between all of us we can eat nothing. Good luck on your quests and thank you for updates….beware of the granola bars, toll house or Pillsbury cookies, and cereals when you have someone with nut allergies, many companies include things like almond flour and small traces of nuts to bulk up the amount of their product….bake sales are always a challenge for me.

Dottie K. said...

Wow Joanne I hope you can find some products that will work for the boys. I never realized how much foods have some type of nut base in them. What a big challenge for anyone with an type of allergy. I know I can't use an type of fragrance soap or products in the house because of skin allergy but I can't imagine dealing with food with the boys. Good luck! I think it's wonderful that your sharing all your knowledge and maybe it will help someone else with the same conditions. :)

Lisa said...

Glad you sound more positive about this investigation. You'll find something, I know you will. Sorry that Mrs. Meyers won't work for you, but I'm glad that was easy enough to find out.

Do you have a Whole Foods near you? The reason I ask is that they are amazingly accommodating about getting products in for specific needs. You might want to speak to the cleaning department manager about your needs, see if he/she can come up with anything for you.

I'll stop suggesting now. :O)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover