Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 14, 2008

Playing Around

I'm still playing with that Eastern Blooms from Stampin Up that I borrowed from my friend Barbara. Its just so pretty! Versatile too!  Since its one of the 15% off specials from Stampin Up, I wanted to show my girls a few different ways to put it to use.

So, here are two very, very different cards using the set.  They're streamlined from my usual layered-ness because I wanted to keep them Quick and Simple!

The first, is a straight silhouette.  It was strange for me to not stamp on light colored cardstock for my focal point, but its good to step out of your regular pattern now and again, isn't it?  

This actually came about a funny way.  I was going to just make a 3x3 notecard, then realized that it would be fun to just use it as the main panel that size. 

To limit my use of Designer Paper, and to put the "other" stamps in the set to use, I stamped the flower outline on a piece of kiwi kiss cardstock.  The new delicious ribbon would have been the perfect companion here, but hey, I've got plenty of this Chocolate Chip grosgrain to go around still.  Despite the fact that this is so out of my general style, I sort of like it.  It has a nice quiet feel to it, and as much as I try to deny it, um, fall is right around the corner. 

This second is just so totally opposite, light and girly.  I wanted to also show that this is a great stamp to put those Stampin Up markers to use.  Lots of my girls have purchased the markers, so I always like to point out stamps that are great for markering.  

I colored the blooms in first with my Regal Rose marker, then went back and carefully inked the branches with Close to Cocoa, then huffed away to re-wet the ink.  

I also used the branch as a silhouette on this card, I overstamped the corners of the designer paper, its hard to see here, but in real life, it is quite pretty.  Mmm but wouldn't that new Pink Pirouette ribbon be so sweet on this card??

Left to my own devices, I would have added a Nestie border to that center panel, or reached for my Janome and sewed all the edges, but I was a good girl, and just left the card Stampin Up Only. 

Guess I should decide which one we'll be making tonight at stamp club and get that paper cut. Any votes?

Today I'm busy cleaning up and getting prepared for the girls coming over tonight! Its always full of laughs!  If you're interested in any of the new Stampin Up stamps and don't already have yourself a Stampin Up Demonstrator, please feel free to email me!

9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Unknown said...

Ok, those are both beautiful. I love love love the pink though. The pink gets my vote for your workshop tonight.

And I can't believe I didn't order that set. Guess what's going to be first on the list when I make my next order? :D

Kathy W said...

I love what you came up with, I have been a little perplexed with this set. Thanks for the inspiration.
I have my open house tonight too! I did not even attempt this set (but had lots to choose from)

Sorry to hear about the boys, from one mother to another with child with allergies.

Angie Tieman said...

Fabulous cards!! Love them both but the girly one is probably my fave. I'm a sucker for girly! I know what you mean about always stamping on white, I just last night made myself stamp the new chandelier stamp on pink pirouette, loved it! So I do love the one stamped on kiwi too! Hmmm, I'm not much help, sorry!

audra k said...

I have to vote for the girly one as well. It is such a versatile set though! Can't wait to see you tonight!

Anonymous said...

OH THANK YOU!!! I have a workshop this weekend and have been looking for a quick, caseable card to demo. I just found it!!! Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the pink one. Wait...I love the green one too. Not much help, huh? I guess if I HAD to choose, I'd go pink. (only because I went eeny, meeny, miney, mo and that's how I got to pink!) :-)

Allison said...

Those are both beautiful cards! I like the olive center panel, maybe I should give it a try too!

Mandy said...

What sweet, beautiful cards!

Anonymous said...

these cards were a huge help in my last workshop. I decided to case one to demo. Thanks.
You can see mine here
http://scrapsbym.blogspot.com/2008/08/taken-with-pink.html

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover