Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 11, 2008

Heartwarming Bag and Tag

I mentioned the bag and tag set we'd made during my Heartwarmers class over at Right at Home and one of you had asked to see the full item, so here goes......  

I apologize because these oversized objects, and by that, I mean anything larger than a card.... are hard for me to get a clean shot of. The background (ahem, my HOUSE!) always gets in the way.
The lighting in this picture is wonky, but the item now lives at the store, so I can't even try to take a new picture.

This is an ordinary kraft gift bag that the front has been embellished.  This charming designer paper is from Making Memories, and I just loved the richness of it.  All of the edges were sewn.  I brought in my Janome Sew Mini for the girls to play with during class, and I think they enjoyed it.  All the stitching for sure took some time, but it gives such a nice extra touch. 

For sure, my favorite part of the project is the little charm created by paper piecing the ornament in the Kim Hughes Heartwarmers Set, then tying it onto the twill tape with twine.  I know I shared this picture in my preview two weeks ago, but you'll have to humor me, this bag was one of my favorite things I've made in a while, and now it lives at the store. Sniff.  

Last but not least, there is a tag tied to the handle again with some twill tape, this time secured with a gingham ribbon, I've been adding that to everything lately.

What was especially fun was that the shop owners daughter was watching over us as we made our project.  Grabbed an extra bag from her mom, picked her own papers and put a bag together.  Her paper selection was so wonderful, that I had to go buy some (young-enabler/entrepreneur in the making!)  I had a blast showing her how to use the machine to stitch hers up... remember I have boys, I don't get to do that sort of stuff often!  

This bag was one of those things that I spent so much time on that I sure was sad to see it go.  Maybe I'll have to arrange a shopping trip to go visit it at the store.  

8 Comments    Post a Comment:

Sharri said...

I love this! Can I go visit the bag with you?

Lorie said...

Oh, my gosh...that is super lovely!

Sue from Oregon said...

I don't know how you parted with that baby...oh I mean bag...sweet!

Juanita said...

This is beautiful, I can see why you would want to work out visitation as soon as possible.

Melissa said...

This is incredible Joanne! Fabulous job!

Many Blessings,
M.

Maureen said...

This bag is just so gorgeous! I can't wait to get that set and try and make a bag like this! Thank so much for sharing it!

SueB said...

Wow, what an awesome bag/tag combo, and I agree that the DP's t'riffic ~ TFS!

Nancy Riley said...

FIRST CLASS craftsmanship and design!!!!! This project is incredible, Joanne!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover