Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 1, 2009

I found my desktop!

Happy New Year!  As I mentioned yesterday, I'm working on a big cleanup/organization kick in my classroom.

I'm back with a quick photo with my progress.  So much of this STUFF was actually on my desktop till now, or shoved UNDER my desk making it really hard to get at.  Now with everything up on the shelves, voila! Room on my desk. I love it.

The top shelf has a box of little individual stamps, Amuse, Elzybells etc.  Also has my SU Hodgepodge and my SU markers, Watercolor Crayons etc.

The next shelf has button and ribbon jars, my Prismacolor Pencils and two large buckets. One has loads of those little SU embellishment containers has well as al my embossing powders etc the other has loads more rolls of ribbon.

My lowest shelf, the one I can reach while still sitting, has my Janome which I can easily lift down and plug in and get right to work.  Then my Copic markers are all directly in front of me, a little section of all my various adhesives that I use, then two little baskets. One has all my Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, the other has all my Nesties.    My plan is to buy cute baskets for this stuff, but right now, they're just in my little clear storage buckets that I had handy. 

Directly on my deskop is of course my Scor Pal (love that thing!) my SU Ink storage, my Little Monkeys stamp storage (which is where I keep all the stamp sets that I plan on using over the next few days... its sort of my "on deck" area)  and my new Big Shot! (So excited)

I'm going to be getting those sweet button/candy jars (for now I'm using my clear pails)  I'd love to get that SU caddy for all my little embellies, but I'm not sure it will fit on my shelves, and I am working to keep that desktop clear!  Maybe if it won't fit, I'll get a set of drawers for all the itty bitty things. 

More to do for sure, but for me, just finding my desktop is major progress!

10 Comments    Post a Comment:

Dottie K. said...

Way to go! It looks great. You'll love having it all organized. Love the shelves. I'm working on that this month. My problem is the pattern paper so thats going to be my project to get done. Happy New Year! :)

Whimsey said...

WOW; looks great!!! Way to go!

Jessica said...

Great storage! Sometimes I think I like organizing my craft stuff more than I like creating with it. Shhh... ;)

Actually, I've finally finished my new crafts room, so I've got to get some photos up on my blog!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Thanks for sharing your stamping place! Happy New Year Joanne!

Rachel said...

Love the shelves! Now I need to get started on mine! Thanks for the inspiration! Happy New Year!

Denise Marzec said...

It looks GREAT Joanne! My husband and I were just talking about organization the other day. I'm about to start doing something similar. We're going to convert half of my office into a stamping space with a new counter and cabinets. We went to the builder's supply store on Wednesday, but they closed early...soooo, we'll be headed there again tomorrow to see what we can find! :)

Karen Motz said...

Wowzers...you've been hard at work! I never knew your desk was so big! :)
The shelves are awesome.

Denise said...

Love it! So organized, grat job. Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finding your desktop!!!!!! I know I love having all my stuff right at my figertips. I find if it's not I tend not to use it.

Linda Crowder said...

I like your workspace. Thanks for posting the photo. I don't have a home anymore and live in a 12x15 ft room. I needed a way to set up a space for me to stamp and still have my hospital bed in the room too. lol You now see what is REALLY important to me. I didn't think about UP. It is amazing that I didn't even think about shelves above a table. This would be a wonderful set up for my limited area. Thanks so much for sharing. I have to get to work now. Later, Linda Crowder

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover