Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 14, 2009

Lovely Heart - High Contrast


I'm so happy that "A Lovely Heart" has made it into the Spring/Summer catalogue from Stampin Up. I bought it out of the mini catalogue, but I hadn't put it to much use yet, and wanted to use it in my upcoming January stamp club.  Hooray!!!  

I thought this fun geometrical pattern within the Riding Hood Prints designer paper would be a good match for the tic-tac-toe board from the set.  I went high contrast on this with black, kiwi and riding hood red.  I hand cut oval mats for the sentiment, and everything is popped up on dimensionals, in fact, lots of dimensionals for all those x's and o's.

I added a little tab with the Curly Label punch, my paper piercer and three brads.  

Not sure if you can see it here or not, but two hearts have been "glitt-rified" for a little extra zing, but I did skip the ribbon making it okay for my girls to give to their husbands for Valentines day.  

Stampin Up Only two days in a row.. I know - I'm on a roll!!!

16 Comments    Post a Comment:

Deborah Anton said...

This is really darling Joanne!! I love it!! Hope you are doing well!!

Anonymous said...

Joanne!!! I have seen so many cards with this set that I was planning to case for my group on Tuesday but I think yours just bumped up to number 1! Wicked job! Thanks!!

Tracey said...

This is a fantastic card Joanne! Love this set!!

Norine said...

very pretty and so creative love the tic tac toe look
Hugs
Norine

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy too!! I waited to get it until knew and now I have to wait even longer since it's on backorder!! Love your card - it's SUPER cute!!

mudmaven said...

Yipee! I don't have my catalog yet but I got this too and was so hoping it would make it to the big time! ~chris

Karen Motz said...

Oh, this is really great! Love the colours you chose. So sad I'll be missing club this month.

Jessica said...

I love this card! What a great idea.

Rose Ann said...

This is so cute, and I love the pretty papers and wonderful dimension!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is beautiful!!

Angie Tieman said...

This is AWE-SOME!

Lisa H. said...

yeah, wish I had got it. Guess I still can, but it would have been nice to pre-ordered it. another stunning card! great colors and just adore all the little extras you added.

Nancy Riley said...

WOWZERS! Joanne, this design is AWESOME!!! Love those colors, and that designer label treatment is so unique!

ChristineCreations said...

OH this is PRETTY Joanne! I'm still waiting on this set, it was on backorder FOREVER.

I love the gorgeous contrast! Beautiful card!

Christina Hill said...

tic-tac-love! It's adorable!

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful card! Love the handcut elements!

Cindy

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover