Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 4, 2009

Blog Hoppin Book Worms

I hope you've been enjoying all the eye candy that abounds on this month's Blog Hop for the My Favorite Things August Release! I always love bee-boppin around to see what everyone has come up with and seeing the sets come to life for the first time!

If you hadn't started at Kim's blog, you'll want to pop back over there, I'll wait right here. Giggle. If you've come to me via way of the sweet and fabulous Cindy Haffner, then you're in just the right place!

My seven year old has this summer become a reading maniac! He's been loving the series "A Diary of a Wimpy Kid" and has blown right through all three books. He's now, not so patiently awaiting the completion of the fourth book in the series. In October!! So, in honor of his new found love of reading, and of course, the release of this amazingly cute new set titled I {heart} Books from My Favorite Things Presents, I created some wall decor for him. The only decision is if it moves into our playroom, or into his bedroom. I think I'll let him decide!

I stamped the image once to a Perfect Paper Panel and then again to a scrap piece. I colored the full scene with Copic Markers, drawing in a little shadowy floor. Then I stamped just the book and pages again. I popped that up, making the spine of the book raised up just a little bit more for added dimension. I inked the chipboard letters and then glued them to the outside of my shadowbox frame. I love letting the letters float on the outside of my project like that.

Finished off with some fun and fabulous designer paper from my enormous paper bin! Don'tcha love making a great find in there?

I can hardly wait to see what is up next at my friend Kirsten's blog.

We spent the whole weekend hanging out together in Florida, and all I can say is I miss her dearly! And, she's a totally fantastic stamper to boot! I love her style - its just cute cute cute and I often go "awwww" out loud as I'm looking at her eye candy!

Thanks for popping by tonight and I'll see you over on the MFT Member Company Forum!!

Post a Comment
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover