Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 4, 2009

Blog Hoppin Book Worms

I hope you've been enjoying all the eye candy that abounds on this month's Blog Hop for the My Favorite Things August Release! I always love bee-boppin around to see what everyone has come up with and seeing the sets come to life for the first time!

If you hadn't started at Kim's blog, you'll want to pop back over there, I'll wait right here. Giggle. If you've come to me via way of the sweet and fabulous Cindy Haffner, then you're in just the right place!

My seven year old has this summer become a reading maniac! He's been loving the series "A Diary of a Wimpy Kid" and has blown right through all three books. He's now, not so patiently awaiting the completion of the fourth book in the series. In October!! So, in honor of his new found love of reading, and of course, the release of this amazingly cute new set titled I {heart} Books from My Favorite Things Presents, I created some wall decor for him. The only decision is if it moves into our playroom, or into his bedroom. I think I'll let him decide!

I stamped the image once to a Perfect Paper Panel and then again to a scrap piece. I colored the full scene with Copic Markers, drawing in a little shadowy floor. Then I stamped just the book and pages again. I popped that up, making the spine of the book raised up just a little bit more for added dimension. I inked the chipboard letters and then glued them to the outside of my shadowbox frame. I love letting the letters float on the outside of my project like that.

Finished off with some fun and fabulous designer paper from my enormous paper bin! Don'tcha love making a great find in there?

I can hardly wait to see what is up next at my friend Kirsten's blog.

We spent the whole weekend hanging out together in Florida, and all I can say is I miss her dearly! And, she's a totally fantastic stamper to boot! I love her style - its just cute cute cute and I often go "awwww" out loud as I'm looking at her eye candy!

Thanks for popping by tonight and I'll see you over on the MFT Member Company Forum!!

31 Comments    Post a Comment:

Barbara said...

Fabulous project, Joanne!!! Very creative!!

StampOwl said...

fabulous Joanne

Jaymerz said...

I love it, and the letters look great floating on the outside :).

Amy Sheffer said...

So adorable, Joanne!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally cute girl!! Love it!!

Christina Fischer said...

Friend, you KNOW how much I love this! I think Anna will have a matching project at our house! :)

Kerry Johnson said...

ACK! This is freaking brilliant!! I just love this Joanne! I am so making my son one of these. Although we are struggling with reading - maybe it will be some motivation.

Bonnie Lynn said...

Oh how freakin cute!!!

Tracey said...

This is an incredible project! I love it!!

Libby Hickson said...

Oh my CUTENESS Joanne, I love this!! And I am totally loving this set. On my wishlist it goes...! :-)

Sew Club said...

Oh MY WORD, Joanne! This is WAY too freaking cute! Now I need to make Wyatt one!! Oh wait - he needs his own bedroom first! LOL I love everything about it.
AND...I also want to say that you are so super sweet for what you wrote, and the feelings are definitely mutual! Hugs and kisses!

Chris said...

isn't it great when your kids want to read.
that frame is adorable.

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your frame Joanne!!

Scrappy said...

Super creative project! :)

Melody said...

What a cute, creative idea!

JessicaK said...

Wow, fantastic decor Joanne. The coloring is amazing.

hobbydiva said...

Fabulous shadowbox Joanne!!! I never think to do something like this!!!!

Gretchen said...

Awesome idea Joanne! (cute set too)I too have a book worm this summeer- isn't it great!

Molly Joly said...

What an awesome project!

Tina said...

This is just adorable, Joanne!! I MUST have this set!! I bet your son will love it.

Alice said...

I love your project - it is too cute. I also read the Wimpy Kid series. They are hysterical.

Megan said...

You are stunning!! No wonder your Kathy's mom's favorie designer. Amazing. I want one of those frames, wherdja get it??

Catherine said...

It's so great to hear about kids getting so excited about reading! That's wonderful! Love your shadow box project - your coloring is beyond amazing and what a great idea to put the letters on the outside of the frame - adds great depth to the project!

ScrappyKy said...

Great project! And congrats that your son has "found" reading. School is always easier when they love to read. For my son, the "Magic Treehouse" books did the trick. We were so relieved!

Lady Liberty said...

What a fantastic project Joanne. The shadow box is tooo cute. That will brighten up any reading corner.

Leigh OBrien said...

OH MY WORD! This is soooo cute. I love it, Joanne!

Gina Wrona said...

Awesome! Love your shadow box!

Basement Stamper said...

Oh, this is so cute, you did a fantastic job with it!

Kelli Hull said...

Love the shadow box and congrats for a reading WHIZ.... I wish mine spent more time with books, they call updating MySpace reading! Grrr....

Anonymous said...

OMG Joanne, this is one AMAZING project. Just totally awesome, my jaw hit the floor!! I GOTTA CASE this project for a little boy I know. WOW!!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is outstanding. What a fabulous piece of art to decorate your son's room.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover