Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 4, 2009

Click Clack - You're Just My Type

I so adored this image from Stamping Bella when it was released and scoffed it right up! Although, I've been so turtle obsessed lately that I haven't had time to play with it. I remember sitting in ninth grade taking a typing class. On actual typewriters!

Don't you remember typing tests, letting your fingers memorize the placement of each key. That poor teacher, can you imagine how her head must have hurt at the end of each day from the constant click clacking of the keys?

That was back in the day where you had to be careful about your spelling, and get it right the first time, or you'd have to go back and use white out, or eraser tape to fix your mistake.

There were no keyboard shortcuts, no texting acronyms - no smiley faces in your typing. Formatting didn't mean opening a preset template, you actually had to set your tabs, count your spaces. Remember trying to CENTER a word on the page the hard way. YIPES!

But, through this class, I became a super fast typer, and, lets just be honest, I also had a lot of time to make eyes at the cute boy in my class. Ah, some things never change.

Adorable "Just My Type" is from Stamping Bella and is found HERE. Includes five fun sentiments that you can use for your stamped little page!



10 Comments    Post a Comment:

Amy Sheffer said...

How cute!!

Bethany Paull said...

Yes! I remember typing class with REAL typewriters. Although I think ours were electronic and had an auto center button. LOL. I'm not sure how you make a typewriter cute, but this really is.

Unknown said...

Way cute!

Beth S said...

I remember it to. We had some electric and some not. No auto center button though. Love the card. So cute.

Tracey said...

This is a super cute card Joanne!!

Shannan Teubner said...

Yep! I still miss my typewriter sometimes, and try to click clack hard on my keyboard. LOL
Love this, Joanne!

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

Your cards are very beautiful!!! Hello from Russia

Ann Kranitz said...

Yup Typing Class!! My kids are often amazed at how fast I can type without looking at my hands. They are still hunting and pecking!! Great card Joanne!!! Hope all is well!!

Tina said...

What a GREAT card! OMGosh you certainly brought back memories for me! I took typing from the time I was in 6th grade (during the summer even!). My DAD taught me to type when he bought me my first typewriter.. but I was spoiled, it was electric. Talk about tough going to lessons and having to use a standard like this one! Eeeek! Wonderful set!

Linda Beeson said...

Oh how I love that little typewriter and love your coloring.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover