Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 13, 2009

A tough decision to make....

I'm often asked by friends and family how I juggle my day job as a home daycare provider, keep up with my two young and active boys, and juggle my various design team commitments. Truth be told, I get far less sleep than I probably should.

This fall, I will be entering the re-licensing process for my home daycare business. There will be a lot of paperwork to do, I have training hours to complete and I also will be minding two very young children (under two years eeks!) and to be on top of that a girls gotta sleep!

I've been quietly terminating some of my additional commitments over the last few months. For example, I no longer offer stamping workshops in my home, I stopped teaching at my LSS, and also stopped designing for their monthly Copic club. While I'd love to be published again, I've stopped submitting for calls for a few months till I can get my head back above water...

Last week, I had to make a very hard call. If' you've seen Gina's blog today, then you may have seen her announcement that I've stepped down from the Gina K Designs Team. Yes, I know.... I must be crazy!!

Usually, I don't make a big production if I *stop* doing things...I just sort of exit quietly stage right. But in this instance, I wanted to say a huge thank you to someone that has been an enormous influence in my "stamping career." And I wanted to be honest with all of you rather than just quietly let the moment pass.

I can't say enough wonderful things about Gina. She's the most supportive, enthusiastic, sweet and generous person you could ever imagine. And did I mention, funny? We had so many laughs on our many phone chats and last summer in Chicago too! Her customer service is legendary, I might think she wiggles her nose and the stamps fly out the door, except I've spoken to the girls at the store, and I know how very hard they work to carefully fulfill everyone's orders.

I'm so thrilled for her that the business has grown so successfully - have you seen what a HUGE phenomenon Stamp TV is? I'm always in awe of how she manages to be Super Mom, run her own business, manufacture her own stamps, and now she's the star of Stamp TV as well!

I know that Gina has no lack of amazingly talented fans who would gladly take my place, and for that I'm so grateful. I'm thrilled to have had the opportunity to represent Gina the last year and a half. More importantly, I'll always look up to her as a mentor and friend. Thank you Gina for all you've done for me.

9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Gina K. said...

Love you Joanne! You will be so deeply missed at GKD.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Thank you for all of your creativity and inspiration, Joanne. I'll be stalking your blog for more! You will definitely be missed!

Jennie said...

Joanne, I just saw this and sad to see you leave. I love seeing your GKD creations and you have so inspired me :o) I will still be checking out your blog and looking for your over on SCS and STV :o) You are just the sweetest and I have enjoyed participating in the swaps you have organized! YOu rock my friend and I imagine this must have been a tough decision.... :o) HUGS to you!!!

Tracey said...

This was obviously a tough decision for you Joanne but it sounds like you made the best one for you and your family. I wish you all the best and look forward to seeing what you have in store. xx

Tricia T said...

What a sweet post, Joanne. GKD will miss you, I know, but I'm so proud of you for making a tough decision instead of compounding stress in your life. Good for you! Blessings! Tricia

Deb said...

I would imagine that having to do this nearly broke your heart! It is soooo hard to say no to good things! I'm so glad I got to meet you at CHA, and I hope I get to see more of you in the future! I admire you so much!

Cat Tidwell said...

Hugsssss you! I know this was such a tough decision for you Joanne! I know I will soo miss you on the DT, but will still get to enjoy seeing and being inspired by you with all of your creations, so I am NOT going to be sad...nope! *sniff*

Lisa H. said...

you are one awesome chick!!! you will be missed from the DT, I'm certain, but it's good to know you are the type of person that knows when to say enough. Good for you for following your heart!!! don't fret about it, we know how hard this must have been for you. Hugs!!!!

Carolyn King said...

Yipes...how did I miss this!
Girl...you will be missed immensely...but so glad for you. Know that you are loved and I will still find a way to bug you even though we no longer design together :(
hugs!!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover