Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 21, 2009

Merry Christmas?

I've been loving the Easel Cards that have been popping up all around blog land, and I've had this one created since the MFT launch earlier this month, and hadn't shared it yet.

This is seriously how I feel already about Christmas. As a kid, I never got it, but finally I now know.. As a Mom, I want all the details to be perfect for my boys, and make sure to have all those special things they're hoping are under the tree.

I've already started picking up a few things here and there, and I've got a long list of ideas for them. I'm so thankful for my "fun Fridays" this year, I should be able to get lot of shopping and wrapping accomplished while they're both at school.

I'll admit that while I always have the inside decorated, its really hard to tend to outside lights, and such with the kidlets. Maybe this year... we'll see.

Usually these cards are propped open with an embellishment or a button to keep the card from flopping flat. I used my apron lace punch and folded the scallops up to hold the easel in place.

This sentiment just makes me giggle. This set is currently My Favorite Things "Triple Scoop." have you heard of the triple scoop? If not, see HERE how you can earn Merry Christmas for free during the month of November!

I must say, I'm hoping that by starting early this year, we'll be able to relax and enjoy the joy of the season a little. I'm looking forward to admiring that decorated tree at night...

9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Barb g (WV) said...

Oh, I love this card....I've been so busy lately, I wasn't even aware this 'technique', 'fold', whatever you wanna call it was out there for us! I love your card and your work is always an inspiration. Now, I'm gonna have to check out this new card idea and see if I want to try and use it...it looks a little difficult to me, and more than I typically have time to do, but I love what you have done and you've inspired me to perhaps try this one. Thanks for sharing.
Barbg(WV)

Jody Morrow said...

GORGEOUS! Perfect! :)

Melody said...

I love the soft colors! Beautiful!

Barbara said...

Just gorgeous, Joanne!!! I love the soft colors and what a stroke of genius to fold up the scallop to hole the easel open!

Nancy L. said...

Love your card! Yea, I can't believe Thanksgiving is practically here!

Tracey said...

WOW! This is a stunner!!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Chris said...

Love the easel card, love the color combo.
I could go for a drink too!
tell your hubbie next year instead of making you a b-day card to put up the outside Christmas lights!

Lisa H. said...

I love these cards too, still have to try one! glad you shared this one here....it's FAB!!!!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover