Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 2, 2010

Introducing: Who's That Geek Guy and Clearly Sentimental about Summer Vacation

I hope that you're as excited as we are about this month's new release from MFT. I had so much fun working with this month's new Who's that Guy set titled "Who's that Geek Guy." As I'm sure you can see, I paper pieced this whole little scene. Using all scraps of paper, I pieced the chair, shirt, laptop and desktop.

I had fun rummaging through my paper bins to find all assorted scraps that would work for the project. I've got a bit of My Minds Eye (the orange circle) a bit of Cosmo Cricket (the grid pattern and the ledger paper) and my new Basic Grey Basics (the chair) - my favorite element on this card, the remnant jean scrap. Shredded and stitched into place.

This fun set comes with a number of sayings that you can stamp onto the t-shirt for a fun graphic tee look. But since my husband frequently works from home I thought it would be fun to use this for a father's day card, and reached for the "Clearly Sentimental about Fathers."

I have a second sample to share with you today, because I always like to share a sample of the Triple Scoop stamp set of the month. If you ask me, this is such a wonderful promotion, for every three full sized stamp sets ($15.95 or more) you will earn the Triple Scoop set of the month for free. The set is otherwise unavailable for sale until the following month's release....

Beginning tonight at 10pm this month's set is "Clearly Sentimental about Summer Vacation". I was really excited to trip across a piece of this patterned paper from Cosmo Cricket in my stash, the campers, the green woodgrain.

I embraced the campiness with a bit of denim scrap, and gingham ribbon (of course... they're right now a go to for me) and lots of distress inking for aging.

Remember all the new release goodness is tonight! The newest Guest Designer will be announced, lots of give-aways and of course the shop will open at 10pm! (earlier if you are a Tub Lovin Club Member!!) Don't miss our 10m PM Shop Hop with a new project from ALL our designers!! Meet us on the MFT Forum so you don't miss all the fun (and ahem...prizes!!!)

10 Comments    Post a Comment:

Guylaine Seyer said...

very cute cards

StampOwl said...

awesome cards Joanne

Crafty Math Chick said...

Really love that WT Geek Guy card (that set could have been created for my husband!) - I like the ruled paper with the border punch that made it looked like it was ripped from a notebook. Great job!

~Meredith

Anonymous said...

Honey, this is FAB!!

Kerry Johnson said...

Both perfect! Love everything about them!

Barbara said...

Fabulous! Love 'em both!

g said...

both are so cute!!

Chris said...

two great cards

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Jo!!

Christine said...

I so love your WT Geek Guy. I just have to get that set for DH.

The denim was a great touch

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover