Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 16, 2010

My Favorite Things: VIP Hop

Is it me, or is this month going by in a blink? I don't *quite* know how it is possible, but it is time for our My Favorite Things VIP HOP!

If you've done this with us before then you know the details, but just in case, the VIP Kit is a limited offering, available one day only. It is your chance to get your hands on the latest Who's That Girl, and an exciting assortment of products two weeks in advance of the official release date.

If you're just joining the fun, you'll want to start over again at Kim's Blog or else you will have missed many stops along the way. If you've popped over after drooling over Jessie's project then you are in just the right place!

The VIP Kit is available here for $42.90 (retail value is $55.85 so you're actually saving $12.95) and includes the following:

  • From the Bottom of My Heart WTG
  • From the Bottom of My Heart Additions (VIP exclusive full-sized stamp set - will never be offered for sale or be available again)
  • Hearts a Plenty Die-namics die
  • Curio Basic Grey 6 X 6 Patterned Paper Pad
Now that I've reviewed all the details, are you ready for my project? I was so lucky to get my hands on one of the new Cosmo Cricket Circa 1939 pads at my LSS this past weekend. The colors are just perfect for me, black, red, yellow and pale blue. And of course, just right for Valentines projects too. I paired it with Jen's Sketch for You to Try from this week, and added lots of stitching to my Hearts a Plenty Die-namics.


If you've taken one of my classes, or read here a while, you'll know that I'm very particular about my paper piecing. This stamp is a dream for piecing though. I simply stamped her dress onto patterned paper, and then stamped a second set of arms and a heart to pop on top so that the layers are correct. Its a pretty easy cut, no crazy small pieces, just one cut all the way around! Easy peasy! The heart was given a double dose of Clear Glaze Pen for extra shine.

That's it for me tonight, your next stop on tonight's HOP is the sweet, and oh so very talented Julie! Happy hopping, then happy SHOPPING!

13 Comments    Post a Comment:

Cindy Haffner said...

Very PRETTY!

StampOwl said...

gorgeous Joanne

Michele Boyer said...

So cute, Joanne. I really like the sentiment! :)

Megan said...

The stitching on the heart is TOTALLY cool!!

Barbara said...

SO stinkin' CUTE, Joanne! LOVE that heart!

Jana Weaver said...

Gorgeous Joanne!! Love the stitching on that heart!

Eva said...

Love, this soooo much....those papers are amazing with the images!!

Lynn Put said...

This is fabulous Joanne!!! I love stitched heart, paper piecing and line of buttons!

Just me... said...

I just love all the stitching you did on this card... I'm totally stealing the outline of the card! Thx!!!

Melody said...

Just love the colors and the stitching on the heart!

Christina Fischer said...

LOVE this design!! :)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

I'm so glad that you used that paper Joanne! I LOVE my pack too! We were very lucky! A simply wonderful card! I LOVE the heart and you've pieced her dress PERFECTLY! :D

Lisa H. said...

this is beautiful! the stitched heart is fab-o!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover