Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 22, 2011

MFT Rolled Rose Die-namic Video Tutorial

There's one thing I *don't* stock up on in my crafty stash.... and that's pre-fab flowers. I'm always worried I won't have the right color, what paper will it match with, will it be too big? Too small? So, instead, I just don't buy them....

The great news, MFT's Die-namics make it easy to create custom embellishments to match whatever paper you're using. And with the wide assortment of shapes that MFT is always creating... there are TONS of possibilities.


You've seen me use this Rolled Rose Die-namic before on a pillow and on a lampshade, but I know that so many of us are visual learners.... so when I put this little rose together I videotaped the process so you can see how easy it is to make a custom little bloom.

I've used felt for mine. I recommend a wool blend felt, versus the acrylic stuff. The acrylic is cheaper, but it leaves those icky stringy hairs when you cut. The wool felt cuts up like buttah! Conveniently MFT sells felt too. Nice right? I've cut mine with my Cuttlebug, but really these dies will work in any die-cutting machine. MFT has cutting stack information here. If you're not having good luck with your dies, try adding a shim to your stack (that's an extra scrap piece of cardstock) to increase the pressure between your die and your cutting material.

My little video tutorial on how to make these pretty blooms is embedded below, or you can find it on YouTube HERE. Drop me a note with any questions, I'm always happy to help!


10 Comments    Post a Comment:

Leslie said...

Super video Joanne! As you know, I'm a "visual" kind of gal, so love a video :)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

These lil buds are so cute and the perfect touch!
Thanks so much for the video! I've always wondered which end was rolled in :)
hugs, margie

Sheryl said...

Thank you so much for this tutorial! These little flower embellishments can be so expensive to buy. Now I will be able to make my own! They are beautiful!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

You make it look so easy!!!

Jody Morrow said...

Great tutorial, Jo.

Toni K said...

Thanks for the tutorial. Never thought to use the pliers or tweezers. Thanks for the tip.

Kathy Camasso said...

Love this tutorial! You've made it look so easy with the pliers; I will definitely be trying that out!

Gailanne said...

Much appreciated! You make it look fun and simple.

Michelle said...

Thanks for the tutorial... I have been eyeing those dies & was wondering exactly how its done... I really appreciated your video! Your card came out gorgeous! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this tutorial...just received my dies in the post, watched your video and now all is clear!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover